Day 100

Day 100 

The first thing I hear is my Lady screaming when I wake up. And the smoke in my dream appears before me. A dark cloud of it hangs in the air above.

I jerk up, rattling the table before me, the haze of sleep leaving me instantly. Running for the hallway, it's then I see it. 

Fire. 

It flickers before me, swarming, crawling up the walls. I look to my Lady's room and see her, there on the floor, her bed covered in flames. I reach for her and sling her arm over my shoulder and scoop her legs up, pulling her close. Then I run, or at least I try. Smoke fills my lungs, choking down my throat. I'm burning alive. Fire singes my shoulder, the soft cloth that had once covered it is burned away leaving in its wake a raw bleeding wound. Pain rattles through me, and my vision tilts  to the side. 

I turn down hallways, the layout in my mind, I try to think of a way out as this place fills with a deathly fire. My Lady moans in my arm and I see her eyes look wildly around, dead etched across her face. I have to save her. She doesn't deserve this after everything. Nothing but pain eating away at her for months. 

I watch as every jeweled thing is engulfed in fire, and all of it reaching for me.

Panic floods my body. 

There's no way out of this place. My lady is heavy against me, her body hot. My arms go weak and my feet stumble beneath me. I'm getting tired and my eyes burn. The floor sways underneath, the fire dances before me. Shadows, candlelight. I slam into a wall, hot on my cheek it scratches as I wince from the fresh pain. I bite my lip till the taste of blood fills my mouth and curls into the air and mixing with fire and smoke. 

The world flickers before me, darkness clouding my vision. So I pray to the Goddess Amal to spare us. I plead to the gods and the stars. That if they save us I'll do anything they wish of me. "Please." I choke out, hot tears falling down, and then I slip into darkness and feel the floor rush up to me as my eyes close. 

                                                                        Part 1 Complete