Chapter 4

They barely knew one another, that was a true an accurate fact, still Marion grabbed onto Jasper's hand as they looked into the dark entrance before them. Jasper stood tall trying to act tough around Marion to show her that she could depend on him. He found her very attractive and the minute he scared her he felt bad but his attraction for her hit him like a lighting bolt. He thought she was just or even more beautiful than any actress he had met. She didn't have the attitude of any one he had met either, she was strong and brave, yet kind and caring.

Taking the first step inside together, both Jasper and Marion looked around to see if Jackie was in the parlor or the entry. Neither place had any signs of anyone in either of the rooms. Hearing a door open at the top of the stairs, both Jasper and Marion looked and saw a light coming from one of the rooms upstairs. Did they dare go up to look? Well it wasn't like they had any other choice. Jasper led the way as Marion turned on her flashlight and shined her light before them, showing Jasper the path ahead. Once they reached the landing, they saw the light was coming from her mother's room.

Marion went to the door and saw it was cracked but not to the point that she could see inside the room. She gently pushed the door open and then began to hear noises inside the room. No it didn't sound like the noise they heard in the hidden study but more adult noises. Marion pulled away, grabbed Jasper and rushed into her room. Shutting the door behind her she looked at Jasper who was confused as to what happened.

"My mom, was uh...with someone." Marion said embarrassed as she scratched the back of her head.

"Oh, I understand. I thought we were gonna find a ghost or something." Jasper said.

He barely finished his sentence when he saw Marion's eyes widen as she looked behind him. He became concerned very quickly and slowly he turned around to see what Marion saw. He saw something he had never seen before. a woman in a long white dress looking out the window. This woman was looking out the window and Jasper made a run to Marion. Both of them watched as they heard the woman sobbing. She was crying, Marion's heart broke for the woman.

"Jake...oh why Jake..." they could hear he say through the sobs.

"Jake was her last fiancee." Marion whispered to Jasper.

"How many did she have?"

"Uh, question for another time."

The bride didn't stay long, one minute she was there and within just one blink she was gone. Jasper sighed running his hand through his hair, he couldn't believe what he just saw. Marion walked to the spot where the spirit had been and felt the window, it was ice cold. She had heard that spirits left cold spots in places they had visited and now she assumed that was the case. Jasper sat down on the bed and looked to Marion.

"So who was the bride?" Jasper asked in a hushed tone afraid she might still be lurking around.

Marion grabbed Jasper's hand and took him to the grocery store. Liota was in her normal position, sitting in a chair with her feet on top of the counter reading the book in her hand. Needless to say there wasn't much for her to do at the moment. She lowered the book and raised her eyebrow at Marion and the new guy.

"Miss Ravenswood, who's the guy?" Liota asked as she lowered her feet from the counter.

"Jasper, I'm an actor in the film being made here." Jasper grinned and offered his hand to the woman.

"Name's Liota, nice to meet you too. What have you come for this time miss?" Liota asked now directing her attention to Marion.

"Could I borrow that book? The one about my family?" Marion questioned.