Chapter 7

Jasper had gone to film more scenes of the film, Marion didn't mind it gave her more time to research the area. Melanie and Jake stuck close to her, like supernatural guardians. Which was a good thing since last night, Marion found a letter in the mail box from her mother. The letter just told her she had to go and make sure the new "Western Town'' idea that she pitched to an amusement park was going to be pushed through for them to build in the town. Marion didn't see how this was possible, they didn't have control over the town. Still her mother turned off her phone and really she had no idea when her mom would come back.

Sitting in the library, Marion was looking through old documents from the time when Jake and Melanie were still alive. She was being as careful as she could as she read the backgrounds of the four suitors. Starting with the Captain. He was older, a lot older than Melanie which seemed odd to Marion but then a thought struck her...she didn't know how old Jasper was...knowing she could ask him that later on, she went back to reading the document only to feel a small burst of cold wind.

"I think we got a clue!" Jake exclaimed as Marion looked up shocked.

"I don't think I will ever get use to the fact that you can just appear." Marion sighed as she carefully closed the book and gave Jake her full attention.

"I went to the ravine and told the others about what you said, trying to find their bones by looking at any clothes or personal items that were still on them. It worked for quite a few of them but it seems we have ten bodies down there and only four ghosts who can't identify their bones." Jake says as Marion is shocked.

"So there are six extra skeletons? There's a good chance four of them could be the bodies of the suitors who died on ''accident''. No new ghosts came from them though?"

Jake shook his head no, he had been down there a long time and he knew every ghost by name. None of them were any of the suitors Melanie had told him about long ago. Marion got up and walked to Jake and began to try and discuss any details that might help them in the ravine. However there wasn't much, Jake offered to follow her into the mine but Marion was skeptical about that idea. She knew how dangerous the mine was, not to mention if she went in there alone and something happened to her no one would know to even go looking for her let alone where to find her.

"You are over thinking this, I meant go in with another person, not just me." Jake chuckled.

"Where is Melanie?"

"She's been searching the house for any signs of the suitor's ghosts. Still hasn't managed to find a thing. I'll keep looking for information so just try to be careful here alone. OK?'' Jake asked to which Marion nodded in reply.

Jake's form disappeared before her eyes. He was like an uncle she had never met, he wanted to make sure she was safe but he also knew he had to find out the truth about the whole situation to ever be truly set free. Marion decided to go to the set and ''check up'' on the progress since that was another thing her mother requested that she do in the random letter she left behind.

As she walked out of the house and started in the direction of the set, she suddenly found herself playing with her wedding rings. One she had no idea about, she had no clue about the wedding let alone the rings. They were beautiful, she knew that but she felt like they were just as fake as her marriage. She liked Jasper a lot and she felt they were a couple but she wondered why he would just go along with marrying her? Was it just an act? After all he was an actor, so was he just doing his job?

"No, he really likes you." Melanie said as she appeared beside her.

"Yikes!" Marion jumped as she turned and looked at her ghostly great aunt, she was getting better at stay as a whole form but she didn't try it outside of the house. "You scared me, wait I thought you couldn't leave the house?"