7

Elisa's pov:
Slowly and slightly confused i open my eyes only to see my brother leaning above me while holding hands with Alec. Right away i realize that the young shadowhunter is offering his strength to my brother. He really seems to have a quit different character than most others.
„What happend?" i ask, not knowing how we got back at Magnus apartment. Especially since I know how much he hates having strangers in his home!
„Valak broke through the barrier and attacked you. You fell unconscious." Magnus explains with worried eyes. Not needing to hear more, my brain already starting to remember what had occurred a little earlier.
„Clarissas Memory!" i ask even thought I know that they certainly are lost now. She sacrificed them to safe my life, therefore I will be forever grateful to her and of course keep on protecting her. Even if she keeps on driving me nuts at times. Getting my manners back, I thank them all for their help. Magnus softly kisses my forehead with relief and thankfulness that he hasn't lost me. His eyes are like an open book to his emotions and his soul. I never understood how anyone could say anything else about them. About him to be honest, for me he is the most generous person that graces this planet.
„How are we going to find my mum now?" Clarissa questions quietly, afraid of the answer it seems. Sighing deeply, feeling guilt since she killed her only way of getting her memory's back to safe me.
„We could go to the institute to see if the silent brothers are able to help. I doubt it to be honest but we should at least try. We can think on something else why they try their luck." i answer her with a small shrug. The others all look in total shock at me.
„I can take away the blockade in her head, that could maybe help them. Make it easier and hopefully safer for Clary." Magnus thinks out loud.
„But that still can kill her!" jace says slightly pissed that I or either of us would even say something like that.
„It is a risk, I won't say it isn't. However, it is Clary's decision to make. As I said already, they might still can't get her memory's back." I answer him matter if factly as smiling encouragingly at Clarissa.
„I will do it! To get my mum back I would do everything!" she states strongly. The other three shadowhunters don't seem too happy about her decision, but as I explained earlier, it's not their decision to make.
„We should get back to the institute than." Izzy voices. She right away accepted her decision even if she would do differently in Clary's position.
„Are you sure you are strong enough to come along?" Magnus questions me while caressing my face as if he wants to remember every little detail of it. A soft smile pulls itself on my face, one that only ever shows up around Magnus. His face also lights up at seeing it.
„I am perfectly fine, thanks to you I might add." I answer with a small giggle in the end. Strong arms pull me into a hard but comfortable and familiar chest.
„You have no idea how much you mean to me. How much I love you." Magnus whispers in my ear so no one could eavesdrop. Laying one of my hands on his cheeks and softly kiss the other one.
„Just as much as i Love you." i whisper back before a theist gets cleared behind us. As already thought, jace had been the one to ruin our moment. Looking towards the others I see Alecs jealousy burning in his eyes. Giggling once again at the thought alone of me dating or hooking up with Magnus. That's so absurd! But I have gotten told that it looks like it to others, especially when we get so sensibel with one another. It's a rare occurrence thought. We usually only do so when we are alone since we like to keep our real connection a secret from everyone. Still it's funny to me when people simply assume that the both of us are an item.
„Let's get going than." I say and open up a portal to transport us all to the institute. This way they won't know where Magnus exactly lives. His silent appreciated nod tells me that he is rather thankful for me doing so.
„Where have the three of you been!? We kept on calling but none of you would ever pick up!" Maryse angrily demands an answer. The second she sees me standing by her children she immediately stops and even takes a step back to further away from me. A smirk plasters itself on my face. My inner demon loving the fact she is frightened of me just like the other shadowhunters and the silent brothers.
„Could you three explain to my why you brought two warlocks and a mundane into my institute!?" she demands from the three still quiet shadowhunters next to me.
„You told us that the clave wants Clarissa Fray or Fairchild in the institute. I already informed you and them about Elisa taking her under her protection. That's why they all are here now. So where is your problem mother!?" Alec answers sternly and with no room of argument. His whole demeanor has changed, his posture way straighter and his arms slightly on edge, as if he is already preparing for a fight. That shouldn't be the way to talk with your mother. I however know Maryse myself, so I understand why he acts like he does. She always wants everything done like she instructs them to, telling everyone that they have to work harder, always talking down on everyone around her, that's how she is and always was. Still I thought at least her children would get a better treatment from her. That makes me appreciate Alecs and Izzy's treatment to me even more than before. They surely knew that they would get lectured for it, still they did it because it was the right thing to do.
„That doesn't explain what Magnus Bane is doing here!" she snaps at him in reply. Her distasteful look as she said my brothers name snaps at my nerves even more. No one dares talking about him like that! And definitely not around me!
„What is your problem with Magnus? He has done absolutely nothing to you nor to anyone else. The opposite even! Of did you already forget what he specifically had done for you!?" I ask her threateningly. Hating how she talked with her own children and how she disrespected my brother in front of pretty much the whole institute since they all have come the second she started her yelling!
„What...How..But?" she stutters out. Well, she obviously thought I had no knowledge of what she wanted help with years ago. Her face is now sickly pale and fright stands in her eyes that her own secret might come out now.
„We aren't here for that, but I swear if you keep on pushing my buttons we can openly discussed what you needed from Magnus Bane years ago!" I state with a challenge in my voice that makes her shut up right away. Well, that's more like it.
„You might as well make yourself useful and tell us where the silent brothers are!" I add since no one else seemed to mutter our even a single word in fright. Pathetic, can't say that often enough. She quickly points towards a door to the side of where we were standing at.
„Thank you. That wasn't so hard now or was it?" I say with yet another smirk. Without waiting for any reply I start to walk towards the door she pointed to, my brother and Clary right behind me. The three young shadowhunters thought seem confused on what they should now be doing. Izzy was the first to hurry after us. The other two joined us right as I opened the door. Inside are standing four of the silent brothers. They as well as Maryse did take a few steps away from me. Rolling my eyes at their behavior, they all know fully that, that step won't help them in the least if they piss me off enough to attack them. Their flinching lets me know that they have been reading my mind already, so since I hate that, I quickly shut them out of mine and Magnus head. They after all have no right to look around our heads. My brother once again nods at me, he definitely felt the block I pulled over our minds.
„Clarissa Fairchild, daughter of Jocelyn Fairchild, it's a pleasure to finally meet you!" one of the brothers send through the mind to all of us. Clary only looks terrified to all of them. No wonder though, they look rather creepy to someone who just found out about this world. Their eyes are gone and their mouths are sewed shut with a blood red thread. This is going to be a long day!