~ Chapter 3 ~

In Sand Ruins

"Now, our race has reached its final stage. The remaining competitors are pacing, anxious for the race to begin. Only a few minutes left. Who will win this big event?"

Confetti is being thrown in the coliseum.

"Sonic! Y/N! Congratulations! I'll be over here, cheering you both on!" Amy exclaimed in excitement.

Sonic and Y/N nods; Amy smiles. Y/N glanced at Jet who's leaning against the wall. He looked back at her with a smirk, making her roll her eyes. Sonic, Y/N, Knuckles, Tails, and Jet all start walking up the coliseum's large staircase.

"And now, it's time for the final event! And it's set here... in Sand Ruins! The rules are still the same; anything goes in this extreme race! Although it needs no further explanation, the first one to reach the goal will win this race!" Eggman said through the television.

Four of the seven Chaos Emeralds are set on an 'altar' at the stair's top.

"But remember, the prize will be won by the racer who's performed the best throughout this competition!"

Sonic and Y/N takes out their Emerald; Jet does the same.

"Hah, you're lucky you got this far. It obviously wasn't due to your, 'skills.'" Jet smirked.

"Heh, I won't lose now." Sonic smirked.

"So am I." Y/N smirked.

They set their Emeralds down.

"Hohoho! Get ready; it's time for the final race to begin!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright! Bring it on!" Sonic said.

"Let's go, go, go!!" Y/N said.

Once the timer was off, the hedgehog siblings and Jet landed on the their Extreme Gear and began racing. Sonic and Y/N dodged the incoming large pillars that was created from the sand beneath them. They went through the entrance and jumped in the air as they did their own move. Sonic did the stale fish, method, and twister while Y/N did the Alpha Flip and the Sal Flip, surprising Jet who's catching up behind her. They landed perfectly as they kept on going.

They sped through until they are at the edge where there's no bridge and they jumped again. Sonic did the melon, indy, and then jessy and landed. Y/N did the 720 Flip and landed perfectly again. They are now inside the dark temple and speed up their Extreme Gear. They went up the stairs as Sonic went inside the giant crossbow first as he became the bow and the string was pulled back by itself until he was thrown high up back to the Sand Ruins where the people are sitting and watching as he raced through the finish line as it's his second lap. Y/N went next and same thing happened with Sonic as she caught up with her brother. She looked back to see Jet again as he's growing a little frustrated.

They went through the same way as Sonic did the different move after he jumped which is melon and Y/N did another 720 Flip. Y/N went up to the pipes and slide through it, going up and then down, landing in front of her brother, surpising him until he grinned.

"Nice one, sis!"

"Thanks!"

After going through the dark tunnel and being thrown by the giant crossbow again, they are now in their final lap. Sonic spin dashed along the way and Y/N kept on boosting her hoverboard to go faster while doing other more skateboarding tricks. Jet is behind them the whole time as he can't seem to catch up with them. Just then, Y/N did something Jet never expect her to do. She let go one of her foot from her hoverboard and placed her foot on the ground and pushed herself forward just like skateboarding to help her go faster then did another Sal Flip. He started to admire her some more. They are right now coming close to where all the people are in the ruins. Sonic and Y/N are slowly closing in to the finish line with Jet far behind them.