PART 2: Date?

You wore your shoes, and as you're heading to the door to leave, Bokuto blocked your way.

"Where do you think you're going?" Bokuto said while spreading his arms.

"So now, you're concern about me." You replied sarcastically.

"That doesn't answer my question. Are you going out alone?" He asked again.

"No. I'm going out with Akaashi." You answered.

"Eh?! You're going on a date with Akaashi?"

You're surprised by his response. You never assumed that it will be like a date.

"Excuse me? We're just going to check out the new painting in the gallery. You didn't want to come, so I asked him."

"It still sounds like a date, though." You weren't sure if he was teasing you, or if he's just ignorant.

"Do you want to come, then?" You invited Bokuto in hopes of not looking like a date with Akaashi.

Bokuto hummed as he was thinking.

"No, it will be boring. But bring some chips if you come back." Bokuto denied your invitation and went to the living room to watch cartoons.

You left the house and walked to the bus stop where you and Akaashi would meet. As you were walking, you remember what Bokuto said earlier, 'Eh?! You're going on a date with Akaashi?'.

No! Nope! This is not a date. It's just a hangout, a favor. I mean, I would go alone if I don't have asthma, right? Yeah yeah. You thought. What if Akaashi thinks that this is a date?

You have sighted the bus stop, and there were few people around. You're trying to spot Akaashi among the small crowd. But at one glance, you already recognized him. He's wearing a plain blue shirt and jeans, and he's standing near the stop sign while holding his phone.

"Akaashi." You greet him with a wave. He looked at his right side and noticed you.

"(yn)." He greets back.

"How long have you been waiting?"

"Not so long."

"Thank goodness. I thought you've been waiting for so long, I was thinking if I would run."

"But, I'm glad you didn't." He replied with relief.

As the bus arrived, you and Akaashi were the last to enter. You both took a seat at the back. You're sitting next to the window and next to Akaashi.

"Will there be a crowd at the gallery?" Akaashi asked.

"That...I don't know. They said it was created by a famous artist, I don't know who, though." You replied.

"Can't you look it up online?"

"No. It's a really new painting. When artists hung there painting at a gallery, people are not allowed to post it online until a week." You explained.

"So, you really want to see it?"

"Of course," you paused before continuing, "No one really wants to come with me. I don't want my girlfriends to worry about me. I know they get annoyed easily."

"It's a good thing you asked me then."

His words made you smile.

The gallery is less crowded, which made you glad. Akaashi told you to stick to him in case the place triggers your asthma. You're observing the new painting, a large oil painting, a painting of a flower. You were sick of paintings with the same subject, A flower. It's always flowers. You thought the new painting will be something unique to your eyes. You were disappointed.