PART 5: Dinner

September 26, Monday, 5:30pm

"G-Good evening, ma'am." You stood up from your seat and greet Mrs. Akaashi.
"Good evening, Keiji's friend." Keiji's mom looks beautiful in your eyes. She has long, black hair and an almond, blue eyes.
"Mom, you're home." Keiji comes in, "Happy Birthday."
"Thank you," Mrs. Akaashi kissed Keiji's forhead, "And I see you have a guest."
Keiji walked next to you, "Yes, She's (yn), My-"
"Your girlfriend?" Mrs. Akaashi cuts off.
You looked away of shyness. Keiji's body stiffens.
"S-She's my friend, and classmate." Keiji continous.
"Oh," She giggles, "I'm sorry."
Karrie was pulling her mom's jacket, "Don't they look cute together." She whispers and pointed to you and Keiji. You didn't heard what she whispered.
Mrs. Akaashi giggled, "They do."
"Join us for dinner, (yn)-chan." Karrie offers.
"Is it alright, Akaashi-san?" You looked at Keiji's mom.
She nodded with a smile.

"Anyway, entertain your guest, Keiji," Mrs. Akaashi said, taking her jacket off, "Karrie, why don't you help mommy try on the clothes she boughts."
"Okay, I'll be the judge." Karrie and Mrs. Akaashi left the living room.

You couldn't think straight after you met Keiji's mom, you just stand there, frozen.
"(Yn), are you okay?" Keiji said waving his hand infront to your face. You snapped out.
"Y-Yeah," You said, "I was just starstrucked to your mom, she looks young."
"She might be getting old, but she's young at heart." Keiji said.
"You can put down your stuffs here." He pointed at the sofa. You put down your stuff and asked Keiji to help the preparation.
"Keiji, can I assist you with the preparation?"
"A-Are you sure? You're our guest."
"You helped us last week, remember," You said, "I want to help too."
"Well, maybe we need a hand setting the table."
He agrees that you can help by setting the table, while Keiji and his older sister cook.

You went to the kitchen with Keiji to grab the bowls, chopsticks, glass, and table napkins.
"Keiji, have you checked the rice?" Keiji's sister said as you passed her slicing ingredients.
"Not yet," Keiji said as he lift up the stacked bowls.
"After setting the table, can you help me here?" She said.
"I can help right now. (yn) said she'll help by setting the table." Keiji said as you walked pass his sister.
"(Yn)?" Keiji's sister asked.
"Our guest." Keiji answered.
"Thanks, (yn)," She said, "We really needed the help."
You looked at her, still slicing, and said, "You're welcome."

As you reached the dining room, you put down the wares.
"You can help your sister now." You said, "Leave this to me."
"Thanks again." Akaashi left to help in the kitchen.
You start arranging the tables. You thought of making it look formal and presentable. You start by distibuting the placemats, then the bowls and glasses, then the chopsticks. You had an idea to make an origami out of the napkins. You made napkin swans to place in on top of the plates.
Another few minutes passed by, you manage to finish 3 napkin swans and have to do 3 more.
While folding the 4th napkin, Keiji's sister entered the dining room and sat by the chair across you.

"Hi, (yn)," She said, "Thank you for helping us out. We know preparing the table is an easy task, but me and Keiji are too busy cooking."
You looked at her and said, "Your welcome, Akaashi-san."
"You can call me Kira-san." You see that Kira has short brown hair, and blue eyes, like the rest of them, and looks like in her 20s.
"Yes, Kira-san." You said, continuing to fold napkins. Kira saw what you're doing.
"Wow, how did you do that?" Kira was amazed.
"Oh, this? I just learned this recently from my art class." You replied.
"It looks beautiful," She complimented.
"Thank you."
Kira stands up as she heard the oven rang, "Be right back," She says and left to the kitchen.

When you're in the last napkin, you hear the door open.
"I'm home," A male voice.
You hear Karrie's voice as she goes down from the stairs, "Dad!"
Followed by her mom, "Hun, welcome back."
Karrie greets her dad, then came running to your direction, "(yn)-niichan!"
She stops in front of you then saw the finished swans you made.
"It looks cute," She said, "Did you made them?"
"Yeah," You answered, "Want me to teach you?"
"Really?! Yes! Teach me, (yn)-niichan."
Karrie sat beside you and you start to teach her to napkin fold.
Meanwhile, in the entry way, Keiji's father is confused by the guest.
"She's our son's guest." The mother said.
The dad's eyes widen when he hears that, and gave a surprised expression to the mother.
"No," She shook her head, "She's not his girlfriend."
"That's unfortunate." The dad said.