21

Seonghwa stands in front of the other group, arms crossed on his chest. He looks at them with one of his eyebrows raised, tapping his foot.

"Where have you gone, why is Sook a dog and why didn't you tell us? We have been waiting for a long time and we really need your help immediately," he says angrily.

Yeosang steps forward and stands in front of the angry raven haired.

"We saw the sacrifice taking place. There were basilisks used, but they disappeared into the water. Wooyoung used this knowledge to search for tracks and he found them with the help of Sook."

The four boys from Seonghwa's group listen closely, the cleric motioning for Yeosang to go on with the explanation.

"The tracks led to the other side, well this side, of the river and he jumped ahead with San and Sook close behind. I tried to stop them and go back to find you, but my words fell on deaf ears. I had no other choice than follow the rest to make sure nothing bad happens."

"And what about the basilisks then? Did you find them?" Mingi asks.

"We did, it was close at times, but we managed to defeat them. There were eggs in a nest which Jongho smashed. There should be no basilisks left to be used in the sacrifices."

Mingi and Yunho look surprised, and nod excitedly. Hongjoong takes in the information, and looks at them with a hint of pride in his eyes. They managed to make a big jump ahead in the investigation and he can't help but feel like a proud dad.

Seonghwa eases a bit, knowing they had a good reason to disappear all of a sudden. However, he is a bit disappointed they didn't send word first. He looses his tense stance and sighs.

"Next time, please tell me or anyone else of the group first. I'd hate for you all to get hurt without me nearby. I am starting to warm up to you all and you know about my past. Just let us know about your plans before jumping ahead."

They all nod to the raven haired, apologizing as they bow deep. Even the dog bows and whimpers as an apology.

"Right, but one thing hasn't been answered yet; why is Sook a dog?" Yunho asks, pointing at dog Sook.

San is about to make a comment, widely grinning, but Jongho slaps his hand on Sans mouth. After sharing a room for a few nights, he starts to know what goes on in his filthy head.

San tries to fight against it, but Jongho is way too strong for him.

"We extracted the gullet of one of the basilisks. It easily breaks and if it does, the contents will instantly petrify whoever touches it. Since anything Sook carries is absorbed within her wild shape, we thought that would be the safest option."

Dog Sook nods her head at her brothers words.

"A gullet? Why would you need a gullet?" Hongjoong asks the hunter.

Wooyoung explains the uses of the gullet and its contents, and asks Seonghwa if there is a skilled alchemist in Estoria.

"There is. We can go there now, but afterwards I need you to track a trail of spilled purple liquid."

The basilisk group looks confused at Seonghwa, but does not question it. Wooyoung accepts and the members make their way back to Estoria.

Seonghwa shows Wooyoung and Sook the little alchemist shop, tucked away near the back of the Agora, the market square of the city.

The twins walk into the shop, while the others wait outside. San slips away unnoticed for a moment and sneaks towards the middle of the square and disappearing within the crowd.