Chapter 1: Exegol

"I'm all the Jedi," Rey said and brought out Luke's saber to meet Leia's. Their combined power reversed the lightning back to her grandfather, Emperor Palpatine, also known as Darth Sidious.

Palpatine yelled out in pain as the lightning tore his scarred body apart until there was nothing left.

Rey looked up and saw the remains of the Final Order exploding, being burned until the only remains were their ashes.

She suddenly felt weak, and knew her life was coming to a close. But it was okay. They won.

Relieved, she let the lightsabers fall from her hands as she collapsed with them, feeling life slip away from her until it was gone.

But that was not her fate.

Ben Solo climbed over the ledge Sidious had blasted him. Weak, he inched his way toward her, holding on to the hope that Rey was alive, that killing Palpatine hadn't drained her completely.

He collapsed when he finally reached the young Jedi, and maneuvered her so he was holding her, but she was limp, her face expressionless. He supported her gently, and drew a shaky breath and held her closer, as if he could give her life back that way.

But then he realized, he could.

Ben took a slow, deep breath and set his hand on her stomach, the same way she'd done for him (after she stabbed him, but we don't talk about that) and pushed his life force into her. He felt himself getting weaker the more he gave.

But it wasn't for nothing. He felt her shift, and his eyes flew open. Rey's hand clasped his own. He couldn't believe it. She was alive! With him!

Rey opened her eyes and woke up to find herself in someone's arms. Ben's, she realized happily. She looked up at him, confused. She sat up gave him a long look, trying to remember what had happened. She smiled at him as it came back to her.

"Ben," she whispered and grinned. He really was Ben. Not Kylo Ren. Kylo Ren was dead. She couldn't believe it. He was alive! With her! (Yes, repetition. But I think it's cute.)

He gave her a small, crooked smile that was part relief, part happiness. She hesitantly touched his cheek, but then acted impulsively as she leaned in and kissed him nervously. It was, after all, her first. His, too.

She went light-headed with joy. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her back. She'd kissed him! He never thought it would've happened. He'd wanted it to, sure, but he never got his hopes up.

When she pulled away, they grinned and laughed softly. She realized that was the first time she'd ever saw him smile.

Ben's smile suddenly faded and he fell to the ground, into blissful unconsciousness.

"No," Rey whispered. "No. No no no, please no!" She shook his shoulders. "Ben! Ben please wake up!"

Tears fell down her face as it seemed he would never come back to her just when she'd gotten him back. He'd started to look transparent, when suddenly he gasped and opened his eyes, fully visible.

Rey sighed in relief. Then she punched his arm, hard, and flung her arms around him. "Don't EVER do that again!"

He laughed. "Alright. I'm sorry," he said and returned her embrace, holding her tight. He wasn't gonna lose her again.

Wordlessly, they rose and left the place that would hold so many bad memories for both of them.

Ben refused to let go of her hand, which was fine with Rey, until they reached their ships, one X-wing and one TIE fighter.

"Ben, I only have one seat in my ship."

"But I have two in mine."

"It's a TIE. They'll shoot it down. But if I'm in the X-wing, I can send a message telling them not to."

He sighed. "Fine."

She gave him a quick smile and climbed into her ship. "I'll see you there."