Chapter 6: Captured

(Art not mine)

Rey's POV

When I woke up, the first thing I noticed was my splitting headache. Combine that with the lingering pain from my quannot's syndrome yesterday, and I was all but useless.

Wait, yesterday? How long had I been out? An hour or two? A full day?

I took in my surroundings. I was in the same cell from my dream, which I guess was a vision, and, like the vision,
My hands and feet were bound with some sort of metal-feeling material. There were no guards, which I found odd. I was sitting on a sort of bench, and I could stand, but not walk. All in all, I'd been in worse situations.

I was quickly able to get my hands in front of me by getting them under my feet. I attempted to use the Force to open the door, but it wouldn't budge for some reason, and I realized it would be stupid to leave if I couldn't walk. So I concentrated on freeing my legs.

At that moment, the Sith woman walked in.

...........

Ben's POV

When I woke up, Rey was the first thing on my mind. I reached out with our connection, still worried she wouldn't recover. But I couldn't see her.

A wave of fear coursed through my body, and I ran.

I got to the infirmary. My heart skipped a beat. She wasn't in her bed. I walked straight over to a doctor.

"Where's Rey?" I demanded.

"I— well— we don't know. No one's seen her since around midnight. We're looking everywhere."

At that point, I didn't care where they'd checked. I went as fast as I could straight to the Falcon, prepared to takeoff and search the whole galaxy and farther to find her. Poe, Finn, and Chewie caught up to me quickly.

"Do you know where she is?" Finn asked accusingly.

"If I did, don't you think I'd be there?"

"Hey, you two stop," Poe intervened. "Arguing is not gonna help her right now. Ben, you and Rey have some sort of connection, right? You could see her?"

"I already tried that over and over. But it's like someone's blocking her from me."

"Is that even possible?" Poe said.

"I didn't think so. It must be someone very powerful. Strong with the Force."

"Palpatine?" Finn asked cautiously.

"Definitely not. He's gone for good. Most likely someone new," I reasoned.

This thought hung heavily in the air.

Chewie growled.

"Right. We're gonna go search for her," Poe stated.

I stared. "We? Who's we?"

Finn gave me a look that said duh. "You didn't think we were staying here while she's missing, did you?"

"Yes, actually I did."

"Nope. We're coming. Try to stop us." He made it sound like a challenge.

I ran my hand through my hair and turned away from them. What could it hurt? I thought. They're her friends.

I sighed, loudly, to show my huge reluctance. "Fine."

Poe smirked and Chewie laughed. Do Wookies laugh? Eh. Okay, he Wookie-laughed.

"Let's go," Finn said.

I gave him one last reproachful look and walked into the Falcon.

"Rey," I thought, willing the dyad to work, for her to hear me. "Where are you?"