1 - Breathe

-~-~-

-~-~-

Prologue

"We have to let her go." A woman with a Scottish accent thick with emotion, whispered to the man standing next to her bed. He looked up from his gaze on the child in his arms.

"I know." He whispered, his Scottish accent just as thick as hers. He turned to the cot beside the bed and carefully set the sleeping newborn child down.

The man, the Doctor, looked back to his lover, to see a single tear escape her icy blue eyes that the two, now three, shared. He reached over and wiped it away, bringing the woman's attention to him instead of their child. She smiled sadly at him as he stroked her cheek.

"We should name her, give her something to hang onto, something from us." Her eyes silently plead the owner of both her hearts, to allow her to give her daughter something to remember her parents by. He gave her a small smile, nodding.

"Yes, what do you think? She'll need a Gallifreyan name and a human name." He offered. She beamed up at him, pulling him down to give him a quick, yet passionate kiss.

"Terran for the Gallifreyan name, it suits her if she'll be living on Earth." The woman said after they pulled apart. He smiled.

"Of course. Now how does Angelica sound?" The Doctor suggested, gazing fondly over their daughter.

"I love it, that'll suit her when she grows older. Her eyes are such a heavenly blue that anyone will be entranced in them." She described. Her love looked back at her.

"Keep that up, Missy, and it'll be even harder to let her go." He said, the woman's name smoothly rolling off his tongue. Her lip twitched up and she latched onto his hand as if it's the only thing keeping her from falling too far.

"I know." She said, closing her eyes.

"Terran Oakdown," He said after a minute of silence. Missy opens her eyes in alarm.

"What?"

"Or Terran Lungbarrow, don't know. Which one do you think, dear." The Doctor continued, smiling down at Missy. Missy stared at him, shock flashed over her face. "I like Terran Oakdown more."

"I- I do too, love." She admitted, with a soft smile. Neither noticed their daughter's gaze over them with such knowing and sad eyes.

One... 

                                                                      Dictator...

                                                Two... 

                                                                                                   Wake up...  Dictator...