Ameline. (28)

Today had frankly been one of the worst yet.

Even by my standards.

The day had started with, obviously, the whipping birthed from Hell herself; then the prince had gone on and on about what should he wear to our stately event together — and then as if struck by an angel, he shrilly exclaimed, "Oh, my! You're fucking trial is today! We need to go. Right now. We can go to a ball or something later." Then, he stopped suddenly. Still as a statue in the oval room. "The trial..." he whispered.

It was so eerie and unprovoked that even Oliver looked up from his napping, ears pitched in interest.

"You're going to have to explain yourself. I'm either too smart or too delirious to understand your ramblings."

With a cutting glare, he smiled that smile that should melt hearts but mostly burns them. "Your trail shall be our stately event together."

"No -"

"It's settled. We'll find you a low cut dress."

"No -" I start again, angrier.

Kismet claps me round the back, sending me straight to my knees before him.

"Yes. You will. In white." He states, then shouts to the hand outside the door to source a low-backed white gown immediately.

Then, after getting dressed in agony to the flowing garment — the only reprieve the low back being forced to be without a corset

Storming down the corridor after Kis and my dog trotting by his side in a matching white harness, my temper was already beyond control. My bare feet had slapped across the ground as hard as I could, echoing up and down and catching many glares from lords and ladies alike heading to court, many of which had been at the human hunt the previous night. Slap slap.

"We are on time!" Kismet had called over a doublet-ed shoulder, having left his jerkin behind — but not his scents! I was choking on how much rose he had sprayed over his neck, it smelt like he had bathed himself in the cursed liquid. Slap slap slap.

"We are on time." I mumbled behind him, mocking his voice somewhat childishly, but I was beyond caring. Slap slap slap.

Kis whirled around, laughing mockingly. "Will you grow up! Stop walking like that!" I squinted and scrunched my nose in disgust at how absolutely jovial he was to go to court with me. For my trial! Potentially death sentence!

How very princely of him. I carried on mocking him as we walked.

"You can't even look after yourself."

Slap slap went my feet.

"I actually protected you last night and what do I get for it? Oh! I know the answer! WHIPPED!" I hissed, positively fuming.