Chapter 7: Just Hallucinations...

This chapter has a fair bit of blood, so just in case you get triggered, I'll do the sentences with that stuff in bold, as well as other bits which you may find disgusting.

Kyan's POV:

I finally started to take a good look at Xuli, and I gasped. She was super thin and pale, with bags under her eyes and arms and legs that looked like just skin and bone.

"Xuli, what have you been doing to yourself?!" I exclaimed in worry.

She just shrugged and replied "Not eating or sleeping for 3 days. What have you been doing to yourself?"

I was surprised at her reaction. Had she actually gone ahead and not eaten or slept the entire time I was gone? And was acting like it was no big deal?!

All because she missed me...?

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by an impulse in my very weird robot arm and a glow. I suddenly lost any control over it as it started going haywire and began to scratch away at me all over. I tried to restrain it, but I'd been weakened by the torture of the past few days. Too much to even try to resist it.

"Kyan, why are you attacking yourself?!" Xuli screamed.

While I battled with the arm, I managed to croak out "I-I'M NOT! IT'S ATTACKING ME!!"

I let out a cry of pain as the robot arm dag into my other one, tearing away everything in its path. I then felt it try to push in further, but... it was being pulled out. I looked at it, and saw Xuli holding onto it firmly, tugging at it with all her strength.

Eventually, the arm powered down and she was able to yank it out of me. I felt awfully dizzy and weak, and I was getting more and more tired as I lost more and more blood until I eventually blacked out.

Xuli's POV:

I pulled the robotic arm out of Kyan and saw streams of blood flowing out of him non-stop. I got even more worried as I watched him pass out. Hoping that he wasn't dead yet, I pressed my ear to his chest.

I got a heartbeat.

Thank goodness for that.

"You find the auto-attack fun?"

"GAH!!!" I jumped in fright as a British male voice echoed throughout the room. I looked at the now open door, but nobody was there. I turned round, to find myself face to face with a tall, grey man with no eyebrows and rather messy black hair, wearing a black gown to complete his entire scary appearance.

"Boo."

I screamed and backed away, hitting a bar in the process. Then, the door shut. I recovered my breath, but then realized that Kyan was no longer there. Or the tall guy.

I was terrified. Not just because I was now alone, surrounded by nothing but people who wanted my blood spread all over the ground, but also because I had no idea what they were going to do with Kyan.

Are they going to kill him? I wondered.

I hope not.

---

Gail's POV:

This is it, I mused. I'd just seen the place where Xuli had been taken, and I got more scared than ever. For my kids, and for the rest of the Academy.

At this rate, I continued, the Swift Slayer will come and take us all, one by one until this place is empty and lifeless. A carcass of forgotten dreams.