summertime in paris

Summertime is meant to fall in love
I could fall asleep or stare in your eyes

Chris surprised Eva on a romantic getaway to Paris because honestly where better than the city of love itself?

Chris slowly opens his eyes when the sunlight seers into the room. He rubs at his eyes: fuckkk, why did I get a room with such big windows, I mean the view is amazing (especially at night when the city lights up) but the sun in the morning is such a pain. He stops cursing at himself when he sees his lover still fast asleep. He smiles and reaches his hand to stroke her face. Chris never understood how he managed to get a girl like Eva. They were so different when they first met each other. She was the 'good' girl and he was the fuckboy, how cliche. And now? Well here they were in Paris. A trip that he himself planned. Not Penetrator Chris but Christoffer Schistad. He wasn't sure if he changed just for her or if he was just changing with time but either way he knew he didn't deserve her.

"Stop overthinking," a voice breaks his train of thoughts and he feels eyes studying his face.

"I'm not overthinking, I'm just not fully awake yet" he argues.

She pulls a face at him, "Oh please, you're doing that face that you do when you overthink."

Chris pauses, he does a face when he overthinks? Of course he does. And of course she notices it too.

"See you're doing it again, penny for your thoughts?"

"No don't worry, it's nothing." he says. She looks unconvinced but knows better than to push him to tell her.

"Soooo," she says dragging out the 'o', "what do you want to do today?" He doesn't reply. "Chris...?" She asks again, still no reply. He was just staring right into her blue-grey eyes like he was in some sort of trance. She laughs.

"What?" Chris asks her looking bewildered.

"I was asking you what we should do today. Or did you just want to stay here and stare into my eyes all day huh?" she says teasing him.

"Hmm," he grips onto her hip and pulls her closer to him, their legs automatically tangling, "number 2 sounds like a good plan."

"Chrisss, I was joking we can't actually do that you know?"

"And why not?" He asked scrunching his face up.

"Because we did not come to Paris just for us to stay in bed all day!" She exclaims.

He laughs and pulls her in for a kiss, "Don't worry, I've got something planned for us."

"Hmm really?" She asks pulling him in for another kiss.

"Yes, now go get ready." He says whilst pushing her off the bed. She shouts at him, "you did not just do that!" He quickly rushes to the other side of the room in case she decides to attack him. He laughs at her as she gets up from the floor.

"Never mind I don't want to go anywhere with you, you're mean."

"You should've seen your face," He says wiping tears from his eyes. She rolls her eyes and sticks her middle finger up at him whilst making her way towards the bathroom.

"Oh come on babe you know I love you." He calls out behind her. No reply. He chuckles, he'll definitely have to make it up to her later.