Part 2, Movies and Sparks

The two friends biked to the nearest Movie Theatre. "we're gonna watch a horror movie Eds."
"what no- i don't like horror movies"
"i know." Richie said smiling, although eddie wasn't sure why he smiled at that.
"fine, and don't call me Eds."
"ok Eddie Bear." Richie said mimicking the name that Ms. K calls Eddie.
Eddie cringed at the name and rolled his eyes.

Richie payed for the tickets. Eddie insisted that he pay for his own ticket, but Richie refused. As they walked into the theatre they sat away from other people so they could see the screen without any heads in the way.
They watched the movie and enjoyed themselves.
The movie scared Eddie of course, but he would just cover his eyes and put his head in his knees every time something scary appeared.
Richie didn't really mind the dreadful sights of horror.

Half way through the movie Richie felt a sudden pressure on his shoulder. As he turned his head to see, he saw something that gave him a weird feeling, something he never felt before. The feeling was in his stomach and kind of hurt. But in a good way, the feeling confused him. Eddie has his head laid on Richie's shoulder, sleeping.
Aw that's so cute. Richie thought
Wait what? Richie was confused as to why he just thought that.

***

The movie had ended.
"Eddie." Richie said as he gently tried to wake him.
Eddie was confused. "5 more minutes mommy."
Richie laughed. "Eddie come on we have to go."
Richie told him as his pushed Eddie off his shoulder.
Eddie shot up in embarrassment realizing he was resting on him.
"Come on Eddie!" He said as he stood up.
"Coming love." Eddie joked.
Richie had that weird feeling again when Eddie called him love.
It was getting late outside
The friends biked to Eddies house.
"Cya tomorrow Eds!" Richie said as they pulled up to Eddies porch.
"Cya." Eddie giggled.
He began walking up toward his house parking his bike neatly next to he house.
Richie sat there watching the small boy.
Eddie turned around to see Richie staring.
"Richie?"
He snapped out of it.
"Yea?"
Eddie stared back at him from a distance.
Richie slowly very slowly started walking towards the freckled face boy in the dark.
Eddie was about to say something again, but he saw the way Richie was looking into his eyes.
Richie than met face to face with the brown eyed boy.
He looked him in eyes they were beautiful. He made a move
Eddie felt Richie's soft lips touch his own.
Eddie closed his eyes and let Richie move their lips together in sync. One of Richie's arms was holding Eddie's hair and the other, around his neck. Eddie stood there with his arms to his sides, until he really got into it. He felt the sparks of feelings inside of him and wrapped his arms around Richie's waist pulling him in closer. They kept going. And going. It was only about 1 minute but to them, it felt like forever.

As they began to stop Eddie looked at Richie in shock.
"i- sorry i shouldn't have done that."
"Don't be sorry, i- i kinda like it."
"You did?"
"Yea, and your not jsut a trash mouth because of your jokes, your mouth taste disgusting too."
Richie looked down in embarrassment.
"i'm just messing with you." Eddie giggled.
Richie smiled. "i should probably get going, do you want to hang out tomorrow?"
"hang out?"
"Yeah..." Richie replied wondering why he questioned the words 'hang out.'
"How about a date?"
Richie had a huge smiles across his face.
"Sure. Meet me at the Quarry at 10 tomorrow."
"Okay." Eddie smiles big.
Eddie walked into his house and started up the stairs. The clock read 11:23pm. Eddie couldn't help but to keep smiling.
"Eddie Bear... is that you?" ms. k asked.
"Yes mommy goodnight, I love you."

***
That night Eddie has trouble sleeping. All he could think about was that kiss. He enjoyed it a lot. He was hoping Richie enjoyed it as much as him. The only thing that worries him, was he didn't know if Richie was, gay. Eddie was sure that he himself was. He never had interest in girls. In fact he never had interest in anyone, except Richard Tozier.