Chapter 5

(Y/N) POV

We were in our combat class and Jaune fighting against Cardin Winchester in a duel and was losing.

Soon the match was stopped by Ms. Goodwitch and explained that because Jaunes aura is in the red he loses before telling everyone about some kind words festival that's coming up and that other people will be coming to compete in it.

Soon it was lunch and I got my usual lunch, being a small mountain of food because you can't hunt in an empty stomach. I was sitting with team's RWBY and JNPR and Nora was telling a story with Ren correcting her while Jaune was joking at staring at his plate.

When Ruby and Pyrrha ask if he was ok he gave the worst fake smile I've ever seen until we could here laughing as we looked over to see team CRDL was picking on a girl with long ears on her head like a Lagombi.

Pyrrah: Jaune Carbin has been picking in you sense the first week of school.

Jaune: Who, Cardin Winchester, no he just likes to mess around, practical jokes.

Ruby: He's a bully

Jaune: Oh please, name one time he's 'bullied' me.

Only for a list of examples were named from basic bullying to sending him off in one of the rocket lockers we were assigned, that I never use.

But he still denied that he's being bullied and tried to play it off with Cardin being a jerk to everyone. But as they talked they didn't notice I left the table to confront them.

3rd person pov

They then heard CRDL laughing as they look to see them bullying the girl still until Cardin felt taping on his shoulder and as he turned he saw
(Y/N) standing there.

(Y/N): Can you please stop pulling on her, she's been asking you politely.

Cardin: Why should I, she's a freak.

He was reaching to pull on her again but (Y/N) grabbed his arm before he could reach her. Cardin tries to pull his arm away but it didn't budge an inch.

(Y/N): I'm only gonna ask one more time, please stop.

Cardin: Why are you protecting this freak?!

Cardin yelled while trying to pull his arm out of (Y/N)'s grasp only for him to squeeze on his arm hurting him before throwing him over his shoulder into a trash can with his legs sticking out.

(Y/N) glared at the rest of CRDL causing them to run away scared and picking up their leader and running away. After they left (Y/N) started to check in the girl who was being bullied.

???: Why did you help me?

(Y/N): Because why not.

???: But I'm a faunus.

(Y/N) was visibly confused by her calling herself a faunus because the only other type of people he's met were the Wyverians but he would just ask his friends later what they are.

(Y/N): Just because someone is different doesn't mean you have to treat they like that. Well I have to get back to my lunch, so bye.

???: Wait, I'm Velvet, Velvet Scarlatina.

(Y/N): (Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N).

He held his hand out for a handshake while saying his name, Velvet accepted the handshake before going their separate ways.

Once (Y/N) got back to his table with his friends they were all looking at him before asking him why he did that and he gave them the same answer he gave Velvet before asking them what a faunus is.