And so it begins...

I sit down in my desk and grab my phone but before I can even glance at it he walks up to me. My eyes connect with his pale blue ones and I think of a summer sky. Thoughts rush through my head like a train rushing past a station. Oh my god he's over here talking to me! Why? He answers that for me,

"Your in 2nd period Bio right?"

Is he kidding or did he never even notice me sitting next to him for the past couple of months. Am I that invisible?

"Yeah, you're Chris right?"

It's a stupid question, everyone knows who he is. I know I'm a cliché crushing on the, completely out of my league, smoking hot, football player but I can't help it. Trust me if you saw him you would probably have a crush on him in no time. He carries on the conversation,

"Did we have any Bio homework?"

Seriously, homework! It's called a planner or a teacher and if I recall correctly I'm neither of those things but I can't bring myself to say any of that out loud so I just mutter out a no before he turns around and walks away. Yeah you're welcome by the way asshole! For some girls when a guy asks about homework it's an attempt to talk to them because he likes them but not me, I'm a real live homework planner at your service. The class goes on and on and I steal a few glances at him, he's wearing a blue and white button up shirt with khakis, which makes him look kind of stuck up. I don't know why I like him he's seems like an over confident, dumb, arrogant dick but wouldn't it be nice to go out with the most popular guy.

Eventually, class ends and the day is over, I walk through the hallways passing all the kids talking and loitering, I hurry to my best friend, Amy's locker and wait. She never takes so long as we both usually can't wait to escape this hellhole and get to her house, so I pull out my phone to see a text from her. It said she felt sick and went home so I start power walking to the senior parking lot praying that my brother hasn't left yet, but he has. Now he has to go to tutoring and he's not going to look at his phone. I'm about to ring my mum but remember she's at a massage and I don't want to disturb her. Great, well I guess I'm stuck at school.

Almost everyone has left now, a few are in the library and some are doing sports. I don't particularly feel like sitting in awkward silence with strangers in the library so I go up and sit in front of my locker. I pull out my homework and tie my flat, brown hair in a high ponytail. I'm so focused I forget I'm at school and start voicing my math out loud,

"36/4" I mutter.

"9" a deeper voice answers, I glance up to see a stranger staring down at me with green eyes, the same colour as a forest on a gloomy day.

"Ummmm thanks" wow that was so not smooth,

"If you want you can repay me by helping me out" his voice is low but not so deep it's creepy and it's soothing like ocean waves. I've never heard anything like it before and I am so totally distracted by his voice I have no idea what his actual words were. He bends down in front of me and waves a hand in front of my face.

"Anyone in there?"

I giggle and cringe because it was such a typical 'girl laughing at a cute boys joke' giggle. My face feels hot and i'm pretty sure it's gone red. Staring at guys and zoning out due to their swoon worthy voices is always a great start and a pefect way to embarass yourself to death.

I finally pull it together and respond,

"Yeah, right, sorry. How can I help?"

"Well I'm new starting tomorrow and I was just here to drop off some books at my locker but I have no idea which one it is"

He sighs seeming exasperated and desperate so I grab the sheet from his hands to look at his locker number. I doubt myself for a second because I thought that was my locker but on my second glance I realise it's the one next to me.