Chapter Seven Odd Alliences

With a sudden howl Wild Face broke free of his bonds and grabs the Queen Bee's arm forcing it up as the gun fires. I rear up and neigh kicking at him as Wild Face grabs my neck to hold on and I run for the stables. The adrenaline rush still brining me energy, but my throat still raw.

"Get ready Saber!" I call and he snorts back stamping his hooves. I don't have time to consider his reaction as another bullet shoots past me, but Wild Face grabs that gun too and this time holds it as I kick the Worker Bee who fired it into a pile of manure. I canter toward the stable gate and smash it aside. A slight throb arising from the site of impact. The horses inside whinny in joy as they follow me. A sea of plain brown and wild eyes join me as we stampede.

I am flying through the stable as the exit gate gets closer. But it's more heavily enforced and I can't break it. Wild Face comes to the rescue and shoots the gate. It flies open as we explode out of the stable. Out into the dust ground of the open prison. I break a post too my shoulder throbbing but the horses I freed that were attached to the post canter beside me.

The gates are open! But the brander is in the middle holding the doors. His bruised face determined. He thinks that he can prevent me from freeing myself and my companions just because he is feeling vengeful for our indecent. I lift my head and give my,"I wouldn't do that if I were you!" Neigh that is repeated by the other horses and I leap over him as he lets out a squeal of terror falling on his back. Crumpling under me like a small ant.

I am free.

The hundred horses that canter beside me give cries of joy to each other. Wild Face is on my back now, but not all the way. He knows not to cross me. That's when I see him a handsome black stallion has joined our ranks. A steady build but arrow dynamic. Perfectly proportioned features which make me take a second to stare. He nickers and Wild Face jumps on his back. Wild Face gives a cry of happiness and burrows his face in the stallion's mane. I get a gentle gust of the scent and it makes my head spin just as much as the dehydration.

The brown horses call to me as they pass my dazed lope. "We are going to the grasslands we came from, we are forever in your debt." They move like one mass, maybe it is from years of forced synchronization. Their strides are the same, but the way they flip their heads. I can just tell they breath easier.
"Yes you are!" I call back. A playful glint in my eyes as I think of the possibilities a herd of one hundred horses could do for an ally.

My eyes rake their ranks for Saber for now we can go home. His brown pelt used to be more vibrant, more a shade of oak then the plain brown. I slow down slightly in search for him. I still don't see Saber and in slight defeat I look back at the Bee Hive and there he is and the Queen Bee is sitting on his back. A contempt expression on his pointed face.

I come to a complete stop forgetting about the hot stallion,"SABER!" I cry,"COME HOME!"
"I can't I'm not like you." He whinnies back.
"Don't be daft you are wild! As wild as I am now come home!" I neigh anger now gripping me.
"Not anymore." He calls.

I snort at him and run off, but almost run into four horses. One is blue roan with a blue pale face hand print on her cheekbone. Another is a paint with a blue pale face drawing of a tree on her flank. The third is a simple tawny much like Saber, but he has blue lines across his neck and along his muzzle. Finally the black stallion with blue paint that stands out shockingly from his dark pelt making a fire design on his shoulder. He has Wild Face on his back. Their tack is gentle, face lace with no bit that wrap loosely around their muzzles. No leather belts either and the pale faces that ride them are like Wild Face. Their skin a soft brown and their long dark hair braided with various accessories like feathers in their hair. They are also holding ropes that are flung loosely around my neck. Having been captivated by the new horses I didn't even notice the light wrappings.