Stage 17: Chase

Sonic shakes his head to get his bearings. Robotnik's machine has lowered to the same level.

Dr. Robotnik: Can I give you one genius piece of advice? Don't run. It'll only hurt more if you do. And it's bad for your joints, they've proved it.

Sonic: *determined* All right, Eggman... You wanna get fast? Let's get fast!

He quickly scrambles around to collect his rings and runs away. Robotnik puts his goggles on.

Dr. Robotnik: The hard way, it is.

His Eggmobile charges after the target. Running through the streets of London, Robotnik fires his laser constantly, but they miss due to Sonic's agility.

Dr. Robotnik: *grunts* That was an illegal left, by the way!

Eventually, things froze to how it was in the beginning.

'So, here we are again. We've been through so much together. Now you understand why there's a psychotic robot doctor chasing a supersonic blue hedgehog. Wanna know how it ends? Yeah, me too.'

The chase continues. The hedgehog calls upon his ability to pose and then slides under a tourist bus with a Hollywood ad plastered over it. Robotnik blows through it. Sonic, still at the lead, fishes a ring out of the pouch.

Sonic: How is this possible? No one's ever caught up to me before...

~Los Angeles, California~

 A mother and daughter as well as a couple of tourists were looking at a mime, because of course they do. The child seems particularly uninterested, until the mime makes a circle with his arms, revealing the ring portal Sonic just made.

Sonic: Coming through!

The hedgehog speeds down and through the ring, passing the occupants. The mime ducks.

Mime: Sacré-bleu!

Robotnik follows afterwards.

Dr. Robotnik: Excusez-moi, monsieur.

He chuckles.

~Huairou District, China~

Another portal opens on the Great Wall of China. Both Sonic and Robotnik fly through it.

Sonic: Here we go. Room to open it up!

The Eggmobile swirls around, but Robotnik is still able to keep up, even though the blue hedgehog jumps around and runs along the walls of the passage. Sonic quickly throws out a third ring, leading them to Egypt.

~Al Giza Desert, Egypt~

Sonic: I can't lose him.

Lasers cause the sand to fly up. As Robotnik destroys the Great Sphinx, Sonic skids in the sand, he has an idea.

 As Robotnik destroys the Great Sphinx, Sonic skids in the sand, he has an idea

Sonic: If you can't beat 'em, blind 'em.

He swirls around the plain of sand, circling Robotnik's machine. A sandstorm flies up, blinding Robotnik.

Dr. Robotnik: Lost... visual... contact!

But then he sees Sonic, running up the edge of the Giza Pyramid.

Dr. Robotnik: You're not allowed up there! It's one of the Seven Wonders!

He speeds out of the slowly-clearing tornado. Just as Sonic throws out another ring, Robotnik activates his laser again, blowing Sonic through the portal.

~Paris, France~

In Paris, where it has become night, Ladybug and Cat Noir had just defeated the villain Glaciator.

Ladybug: No more evil-doing for you, little akuma. Time to de-evilize! *captures akuma and purifies it* Gotcha! *Releases the now purified butterfly* Bye-bye, little butterfly. Miraculous Ladybug!

The Miraculous Cure transforms everyone back to normal.

Ladybug and Cat Noir: *fist bump* Pound it!

Andre: Sacré blue! How enchanting! *hugs Ladybug and Cat Noir* Saved from the cold by a couple of super lovebirds!

The other end of the ring opens, quickly drawing the attention of everyone, and Sonic falls through it, landing on the asphalt, ruffled and defeated. His ring pouch slides along the road, out of the creature's reach.