TWO

Infatuation

(R.E.M - Ariana Grande)

"But you are not a picture, I can't cut you up and hide you
I'll get you out my mind, mhm, I tried to
But I just want to stand and yell
I will never dare to tell
Think I heard some wedding bells, shh, keep it to yourself
Is this real?"

*time skip of 3 months*

Irene's POV

I am running late. I hate being late.

Well, whose fault is it? None other than my sleepy ass.

If I didn't go back to sleep for a couple of minutes, I could've been strutting down the pavement and feel as if I'm on a runway.

But no. Here I am, stopping myself not to run because it would be so unladylike of me if I will make a dash for it going to the office. With my short legs and high heels, brisk walking is the only option I have.

Of all the genes that I could inherit from my mom's side, it has to be the height.

But yeah, I'm thankful that I was blessed with good looks, props to them at least, but, my younger sister just got it all—good looks, plus the height.

I could only sigh and just cry about it, because there's nothing that I can do. I'm way too old for those height boosting syrups to work on me. Though I wanted to take one before when I was younger, but my mom didn't let me.

She would always say, "Let us be the small beans of the family." Great...just great.

I was lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize I'm already in the elevator going up to the top floor.

What? How did I get here? Weird.

But I just shrugged it off and checked the time. 2 minutes. Ok, I still have 2 minutes. Alright, deep breaths, girl. You don't wanna be a panting mess in front of your boss. One more floor and I will reach Miss L's office where I work as her Executive Assistant. She got the whole floor to herself—perks of being the CEO of this company.

The ding of the elevator caught my attention, making me grip firmly on the handle that holds the 2 cups of coffee that I bought. I simply run when the elevator door opened.

In my haste, I collided with somebody...and not just anybody.

It's a common knowledge that coffee is made to be drank. Letting the rich taste of the liquid flow into your insides and warm you at the same time.

Not...pouring it on to another person's white shirt, and the person happens to be...your boss.

Time to kiss your job goodbye, Irene. 

"What in the hell?!"

Miss L's voice reverberated around the hall. Then she hastily peeled off her dress shirt, making my eyes bulge out.

Lace...

Black lace bra blessed my unworthy eyes. I want to look away, but I can't. I want to speak, but I suddenly can't. And girl do I want to move, but my legs stiffened all of a sudden.

What is going on to me?

Things happened so fast and I could only squeak in surprise when I felt my back hit the wall. I feel like my heart is having a rock concert inside my chest when Miss L's arms caged me—making me feel smaller than I already am. I took a lungful of breath and hesitantly looked up, only to meet her bone-chilling stare.