Flatlined? Ch.10

The doctors and nurses rushed to Virgil when they heard the long beep of the machine, they were checking to make sure that nothing had been pulled out but everything was fine...Virgil was dead.

Patton, Roman, and Logan stood there in shock...he couldn't be dead. He might've been exhausted but...he couldn't have died...right..? Patton was starting to sob, which made Roman start to cry, which led to Logan's eyes getting watery. "He can't be dead! He can't!" Patton sobbed into Roman's shirt. Roman was trying to console Patton through the tears as Logan kneeled down by Virgil's hospital bed. "..." he took off his glasses and laid his down on the bed crying quietly.

Was the last time they ever talked to Virgil going to be here in the hospital..? It couldn't be. And well...

It wasn't.

After about three minutes Virgil's heartbeat was going again and the steady beeps of the machine were going, which made the three smile happily. "He's alive!" Patton sniffed and un-buried his face which left a large water mark on Roman's shirt. "Thank the gods!" Roman nodded quickly before looking to Logan who's face was very tear stained and puffy from crying. "H..hm...?" Virgil woke up a little before looking to the three. "What happened?! Did something happen to the babies?!" Virgil asked alerted by their faces and tears.

"You flatlined!" Patton said quickly. "You scared the hell out of us!" Roman nodded which Logan nodded in agreement. "I DID?!" After a little explaining from a Doctor Virgil nodding a little and sighed. "I'm...really sorry guys I didn't mean to...obviously.." he mumbled. "We know Virgil...but never do that again." Roman said swiftly as he kiss Virgil's forehead. "I'm not planning to-" he sighed as Patton and Logan kissed Virgil's cheek.

(306 Words)