Acknowledgments

It's been a long journey.

The Psychopath Next Door started as a pet project for National Novel Writing Month. And now, standing here at the end of the road, I can't help but marvel at how very far this project has come. Winning a Watty Award has absolutely been a culmination of years of sweat and yes, sometimes tears.

Of course, I wouldn't have been able to do it without immense support from my family, my friends, and (most importantly) my writing community. So my thanks goes out to you. To WriterAEF and the stream of commentary that never failed to amuse and entertain me. To Lucille_Dixon, whose early comments truly helped shape many of the larger revisions I wouldn't make until much later (perhaps too much later). To frickin_bats, who stuck with this thing until the very bitter (not so bitter?) end. Your commentary and relentless support have always stuck with me, and I'm so, so damn grateful I found you on this platform!

And fallynsinclair...you didn't think I'd forget, did you?

This story is what it is today because of you. Seriously. I never would have been able to finish this thing without the constant (but lovable) nagging, your steadfast faith in my writing and in these characters, and the passion you apply to your own craft. Who would have thought that a random read-for-read would have turned into something so much more? And it has. You're my writing buddy, my confidante, my drill sergeant, my motivational speaker, and my friend - and I absolutely cannot wait until the day when we finally get to meet up in person!

To my readers: thank you, thank you - thank you. Whether you're a ghost fan (silent but still supportive) or an avid commentator, I appreciate everything you've done for this story. I'm more grateful than you'll ever know.

In other news...

Since I've been getting this question quite a bit, I wanted to go ahead and make an official announcement: there will be a sequel! I'm hoping to make this the first installment of a trilogy, so you'll be seeing a lot more of Calla, Cooper and Vincent very, very soon. 

[THE SEQUEL: COMING SUMMER 2021]