Taken

Badump. Badump. Badump.
It was quiet, the only thing I could hear, was the sound of my heartbeat. It was slow, but also deafening. My body felt so numb, and cold. Was I still unconscious..? I couldn't tell. My eyes refused to open, they were so heavy. The words "get up" kept ringing in my ear. I had to move. But move what? I couldn't feel..anything. My legs felt too light to be real, my arms didn't seem to exist, and my eyelids felt like un-liftable metal. Words continued to scream in my ear. "Get up. Get up! Get—" Then a loud screech shrieked in my ear, cutting off the demand. I wanted to cover my ears, but it felt like my arms weren't there. Everything went quiet again. My eyelids twitched lightly, then opened shakily. Everything was fuzzy, I could barely tell that I was looking at a ceiling light. Ceiling light. The office. The machine. As my memory started coming back to me, I remembered where I was last, who I was with last. My upper body shot up as I looked around the room in a panic. Lee! Heather! We're the words I wanted to say, but my voice didn't come too. I kept scanning the room, till my eyes focused on the corner of the room. Something was there. Someone was there. The figure seemed curled up in a little ball, rocking back and forth, while mumbling. I recognized that voice, but I kept my distance, just to be safe. Heather? Again, what I thought never turned into words. But I had to get her attention. Somehow. My legs felt so much worse then they did before, rather than numb, they felt like they were burning. Like I was stuck in a flame and had to get out. With whatever energy I had, I tried to stand. But the pain was excruciating, like a twig that's about to snap with the slightest wrong move. My arms gave in and my body dropped back to the ground. I released a sad groan as I felt my weight hit the floor.
"Y/N? Is that..you?" My eyes slightly widened as the figure came out of hiding. Even through the pain, I felt a massive wave of relief. She was ok. Thank god she was ok. Her eyes were puffy and tinted with a reddish pink color as her hazel eyes glistened with tears. She was shaking. Get up. I need to get up. My legs still burned, like flaming chains were wrapped around them. But my arms still had some energy. With all the strength I had left, I raised myself up and carefully moved my legs to a sitting position. After I took a second to breathe, I looked at Heather. She look petrified, tears still running down her cheeks. Shakily, I reached out to her. Her eyes widen for a moment, then she slowly crawled towards me on her knees. After a silent moment, she wrapped her arms around me and began sobbing rather loudly. As much as I should've told her to keep it down, to avoid alerting whatever that thing was from before, all I wanted to do was hug her back. I held her close to me, tightly. Like if I were to let go, I would lose her to the darkness around us. Still hugging me, Heather tried to speak, getting caught on her sobs every other word. I couldn't catch much of what she was saying, but at the moment, I didn't care. I was just so happy she was ok. But that's when it hit me, Heather and I were the only ones here. With one more final squeeze, I released Heather and gently pressed my hands against her shoulders.
"Lee.." It was the only word I could seem to force out of me. I looked into her soaked eyes, which were still dripping tears, desperate for an answer. Heather's eyes widen as she looked down trying to gather her own thoughts. Then she looked back at me and shakily pointed to the now dark and open hallway.
"It took him."