014. the aftermath

THE AVATAR'S BIG SISTER .

── ☆ ☆ ☆ ──

𝐊𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐀 and I quickly rushed over to the probending arena. I glanced up at the glass dome, which was broken in places from yesterday's attack. The entrance was blocked off by a police barricade. We got off Naga and ducked under the yellow police tape.

We ran up the stairs to Mako and Bolin's place. Korra told me that they were being kicked out of the arena due to construction, so she asked—well, more like begged—Tenzin to let them stay with us at Air Temple Island.

"Guys!" She exclaimed in excitement as she reached the top of the staircase. "Great news! You don't have to go back on the streets. I talked to Tenzin and made all the arrangements. You can come live on Air Temple Island with us!"

"Oh," Mako frowned, putting down a box of clothes. "We'd love to, but—"

"—Asami already invited us to live in her dad's giant mansion!" Bolin bubbled, finishing off his words. I pursed my lips, awkwardly eyeing Korra, who seemed very disappointed. I, however, wasn't that let down. At least shark-browed boy can steer clear from my little sister! "From here on out, it's gonna be the lap of luxury for us!"

"Oh, hey Korra, Katrina!" I turned around to find Asami, who was holding Pabu in her arms. "I was hoping you guys would stop by."

I smiled brightly. "Hey, Asami!"

"We were just leaving." Korra muttered in an annoyed tone, forcefully grabbing my arm as she turned back to Bolin and Mako. "So, I guess I'll see you guys around, some time."

Asami letted go of Pabu, who scurried over to Bolin. "Why not tomorrow? I'd love to have you two come visit the estate."

"I wouldn't mind coming over." I replied politely, slithering my arm out of Korra's grip. 

She frowned bitterly, crossing her arms against her chest. "I don't know. I have some. . .Avatar stuff  to do."

I raised an eyebrow at her, who shooted me a glare that meant to be quiet. 

"Come on, Korra." Bolin urged in a high pitched voice as he lifted up Pabu to his face, making it seem like the striped ferret was talking. "We all deserve a little rest and relaxation after all this craziness. We could swim in Asami's pool! It'll be fun!"

Korra pursed her lip in thought for a brief moment before breaking into a chuckle. "Alright, Pabu."

☆             ☆             ☆