Who are you?

C.P. jumped up and greeted the mailman at the box. C.P. ran back to where he and Riley had been sitting. "Junk, junk, junk...not junk!" C.P. exclaimed as he finally found envelope he was looking for. The envelope just felt fancy, made out of some thick card stock paper. The Oakmont University seal was printed on the outside. C.P. wasted no time tearing it open, he had to know.

"I made it! I'm going to Oakmont!" C.P. exclaimed. "I've got to tell my parents, grandparents...go go check your mail!" C.P. yelled to Riley as he raced toward his front door. Riley suddenly felt sick. What if he hadn't been accepted into Oakmont? What if he couldn't afford it? Without some sort of miracle AND a scholarship, there was no way he'd even be able to afford it. Riley walked back to his house, and went directly to the mailbox. Opening it up, as clear as day laying on top of the typical junk mail, was his Oakmont decision letter.

Riley didn't know whether to open it outside or bring it in to show his mother. What would she think if he didn't make it in? With that thought, Riley knew opening it in secret would be best. He ran to the backyard, climbed into his childhood tree house, tore open the envelope and held his breath.

More Information Needed. "Well at least it's not a rejection." Riley huffed to himself as he read on. The note read as follows:

Mr Landers,

Oakmont University prides itself in accepting only the brightest young minds the world has to offer. We believe you could be one of them. You, a long with many who apply, are more than qualified academically. You have excelled in your studies. You have passed every test, checked every box, but there is one more thing we need to know. Who are you?

Outside of your studies, we know nothing about you. Your grades are truly remarkable, but you chose not to fill out the essay portion of the application. You are not the first to skip the section, and you surely won't be the last. Those who don't fill it out are normally rejected. However, you are in a very unique spot. You are getting one more chance. You have the academics, but do you have the it factor to truly succeed at this institution?

If yes, have your letter in the mail in two weeks. If no, I wish you the best of luck.

Sincerely,

Mary Hayfield

Head of Admissions

Oakmont University

Riley was in shock. He was a perfect student. He got good grades. What more did these people want? The question burned in his mind. "Who am I?" Riley thought to himself. "I like games, books, my friends..exploring." Riley continued to think. He had to think of something better, and fast. For now, if anyone asked, he'd say he got in. It was the only way to save face around C.P.