Chapter 1

Narrator POV:

Riverdale, a small town with a huge welcome sign that referred to it as the "Town With Pep" but for Veronica Lodge, it was far from that. She was only 15 years old when she moved to the town in which her mother grew up and at first she loved it, maybe even adored it. It was the town where she became a cheerleader, student council president, and the place where she met her now boyfriend of six years Jughead Jones. Everything in her life was going perfect, she had the perfect job, the perfect house and the perfect boyfriend but everything was about to change and soon. Veronica was currently making her way down to 'The Register' with two cups of coffee in her hands and a huge smile on her face, feeling excited at the news she had to give Jughead.

"Hey gorgeous" She heard him call out to her as she made her way inside of the small space where she and her boyfriend made huge names for themselves and quickly walked towards him, placing a kiss on his lips and handing him one of the cups that were filled with coffee. Jughead instantly grabbed it out of his girlfriend's hand and took a sip out of it as he took a seat on his chair as Veronica did the same. "What's got you all excited?" He then asked, noticing the huge quirky smile Veronica had on her lips.

Veronica took a sip out of her coffee then placed it on his desk, crossing her legs "Well since you asked my dear Juggiekins, are you familiar with the name Smith-Andrews?" Veronica asked, with a very chirpy tone. "Of course, that's the last name of those two siblings who started up that gym that quickly became a hit, Forbes called them the "Billionaire twins" Or something like that right?" He replied, leaning back on his chair with his right leg crossed across his knee.

"That is absolutely correct, my dear Juggiekins. This is one of the many reasons why I love you aside from all of your beautiful qualities but that's besides the point. I was down at Pops talking with Kevin, and he told me that he overheard his step mother talking to his dad and told him that those same twins are coming here to Riverdale for a few months to open up a gym here!" She said, her chirpy tone getting a bit squeaky and loud of how excited she is but Jughead wasn't really impressed with the news he had just received. "That's what has you all excited? Really Ronnie?" He asked in a rather boring tone, sitting up straight so he could grab his cup of coffee but before he could, his attention was averted back to her when she replied to his question. "Uh no, I'm excited because we are finally getting a gym that's worth going too, a gym where we can work out together and not having to worry about getting robbed or being watched and I'm also excited because I managed to pull some strings and get us an exclusive interview with them both, we get to meet them Jug. This is a huge opportunity for us and for The Register" She answered defensively, feeling a bit offended that her boyfriend isn't excited about the news she just gave him.

Jughead leaned towards his desk, putting his elbows up on it and rubbed his face with both hands, hating the fact that his girlfriend took the liberty to do something like this without his knowledge and honestly he wasn't really getting the reason why she's even excited about interviewing a set of twins who charge way too much for a gym membership "Really Veronica? And why the hell would I want to do that? Don't you get that if they come here, bigger chains will begin to follow and our small town will no longer be that! A small town." He roared to her, sighing as he grabbed his cup of coffee and took a drink out of it. Veronica simply scoffed at his response and rolled her eyes at him, not believing how those words just came out of his mouth but honestly what did she expect from her brooding boyfriend who by the way hated change. "You can't be serious Jughead, people in this town need people like them to come here, to give them opportunities-" Veronica began but was interrupted by Jughead who had let out a scoff "Opportunities? How the hell are they going to be bringing in opportunities for the people here? " He growled out through gritted teeth.