Chapter 6

Chapter 6

The days passed by and Veronica was still holed up in her apartment that she no longer shared with him, not having the energy to get up from her bed and join the real world. She knew by now that the news of her and Jughead's break up swirled all around the small town since Cheryl had called her to tell her about it. The only thing that kept Veronica going was the thought of Jughead getting his heart broken once she leaves since Veronica knew for a fact that the Smith-Andrews twins weren't here to stay and well she also knew for a fact that Jughead wouldn't leave Riverdale especially for some girl. It won't be long before he comes back crawling back to her, she smirked simply at the thought of it.

It was about two weeks later when Veronica heard a knock on her door, furrowing her eyebrows and feeling a little bit excited at the thought of it maybe being Jughead so when she opened the door and saw her father standing there, she couldn't fight the wave of disappointment she felt. "Well I'm happy to see you too, Mija" Hiram greeted with a smile.

"Sorry daddy, I was just hoping you were......"Veronica says but paused as she thought of the man who broke her heart a few weeks ago "someone else, it doesn't matter. I'm glad you're here. Come in" She says, standing to the side to let her dad walk in which he does immediately. Hiram looked around the apartment and arched an eyebrow of disapproval when he saw how out of place and disorganized it was, turning around to look at his daughter sighing when he realized that she was truly hurting. 'Mija, I hate seeing you like this. Especially over someone who clearly doesn't deserve it" Hiram begins, walking over to his daughter who has already started to cry. He quickly wraps his arms around her and brings her in for a hug, he runs his hand down her head trying his best to comfort her. "It hurts daddy, it hurts so much" She says through a sobbing tone, burying her face into his chest.

"Mija, look at me" He starts, pulling her away slightly so he could connect their eyes, his hands gripping onto her shoulders "This isn't healthy. You can't be stuck in here forever while he's out there living his life, you need to move on. I know that it hurts but this is life sweetheart, unfortunately things don't always work out but you also can't let him get away with knowing that he broke you"

Veronica wipes a few tears off her face, looking over to the side letting out a heartbreaking sound that also nearly broke Hiram who wanted nothing more than to shield his daughter from this pain she is currently in "He'll come back daddy, I know he will. Once she leaves, I know he'll crawling back and begging for my forgiveness " She replies, trying her best to let the thought console her but Hiram knows that what she's doing and what she's telling herself isn't healthy since he knows for a fact that Jughead Jones isn't coming back to her but he decided not to tell her, at least not right now and that's when an idea pops into his head "How about we forget about this conversation at the moment and I help you pack" He says, making Veronica furrowed her eyebrows and looking at her father with a crazy expression, wondering what the hell he is talking about "I want you to go on vacation with me and your mother, I know it isn't ideal for you to join us but I think it would do you some good to get away from Riverdale for a while, get your mind off things" He then says. Veronica sniffled, wiping a few more tears away from her face and running her hand through her dark raven hair as she thought about the proposition she was given to her father, it did sound nice to not have to stay hidden in her apartment and trying to avoid the two people who managed to break her and it would also be a great way to pass the time so she smiled up at her father and agreed to going on vacation with him and her mother.

While Veronica was busy packing and making her way out of Riverdale, Jughead was loving his life. Smiling down at his blonde beauty as she slept "You know I can feel you staring" She whispered, her eyes still closed as a small smile ghosted her lips.