Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Veronica was hurting. She was trying to come to terms that her relationship may have ended today but she couldn't. She didn't want to face the reality that Jughead may have given up on their relationship as if it were nothing, as if she meant nothing to him. Veronica sat there in silence, sniffling here and there and wiping tears away from her face.

"Hey Veronica, I came as quickly as I could" The raven haired woman heard footsteps approaching the booth she was currently sitting at. She looked up and saw none other than Cheryl Blossom, one of her best friends. The red headed woman widened her eyes when she saw her friend had been crying and quickly sat in the booth across from her and grabbed onto her hand giving it a gentle squeeze "What happened, sweetheart?" She then asked. Veronica pulled her bottom lip between her lips as she tried to keep it from trembling as she recalled the fight she just had with her boyfriend, who could now be her ex-boyfriend. "Me and Jughead....." She started but then paused, wiping away a few tears away from her face. Looking towards the side then back over at her friend.

"You and Jughead, what? Veronica" Cheryl asks giving Veronica a sympathetic look.

Veronica let out a breath, trying her best to muster up the courage to spit out the words but she soon realizes that she can't, making Cheryl a bit impatient "Veronica? What happened?" She asked once again, hoping this time Veronica answers which she does after a moment of silence "We may have broken up" Is all Veronica was able to say since she breaks down entirely, leaving Cheryl even more confused as to what she meant by that. She knows what the statement means but what happened? What caused the break up? Are they even really broken up for her to be this dramatic? Cheryl thinks to herself.

Cheryl furrows her eyebrows in confusion, trying her best not to roll her eyes at Veronica's overly dramatic situation and begins talking "You think? Or you know?" She asks, pulling her hand away from Veronica so she could cross her arms across her chest. The scorned woman once again wipes her tears off her face and once again tries to compose herself enough to tell Cheryl exactly what happened "We interviewed the Smith-Andrews twins today and he was being flirty with her, so I called him out on it when we were leaving but we only ended up fighting so I walked away. When we got to the Register, I thought he'd want to talk about it but instead he simply ignored me. He worked the whole afternoon in pure silence so I decided to make the first move but that only made things worse." Veronica describes. Her eyes filling up with tears once again.

"Veronica, are you sure he was flirting? I mean this is Jughead we're talking about here. He wouldn't hurt you even if he wanted too" Cheryl then says, not believing that Jughead would do such a thing. Veronica scoffs at Cheryl's response "Oh I'm sure Cheryl, you should've seen how he was looking at her. Almost like he wanted to eat her up with his eyes." She says, wiping off her tears once again. "But why do you think you guys broke up? Did you end things?" The red headed beauty asks, her arms now crossed across her chest.

"I didn't but he did, well he didn't say we should break up but he did say ask what the point was in continuing this relationship if I didn't trust him" She replies "I don't even know how it got to that point."

Cheryl softens her expression and gives Veronica sympathetic look uncrossing her arms to once again grab ahold of her friends hand to reassure her that everything will be alright despite not being 100 percent sure And while Veronica was dwelling on the fact that she may be single once again, Jughead was anxiously waiting for Betty in the parking lot of the hotel she was staying at. Looking at himself in his rearview mirror, making sure he looked decent when suddenly his passenger door opened and in came Betty Smith-Andrews, the woman who caused a drift in his relationship, despite the fact that she has been here in Riverdale for less than 24 hours. Jughead looked at her in complete awe, loving the way her body looked in the dress she changed into.