CHAPTER ONE

The bell jingles, signaling someone came inside.
"Welcome! What may I get for you guys?"
You turned around and see the usual gang. They call themselves, The subway surfers. They're just a bunch of 17 year olds having fun and living their life,
"Hey Y/N! Just the usual please, just add extra ketchup for me."
Jake slides some cash over the counter.

They all wave at you, putting their skateboards on the rack and sitting down at their "spot". You smile while you serve them their order, BLT sandwiches, French fries with extra ketchup, and also some free ice cream.
"You guys enjoy, and enjoy the freebies!"
You smiled as they all gasped in excitement,
"This, is why we all love you Y/N!"
They happily eat their heart outs while also laughing loudly and having a good time. Some time ago, They said why they like it here, it was because people rarely come here and it's mostly empty, so they can be as loud as they want. You didn't mind, they weren't being too loud anyways, and they would always listen when you would tell them to pipe down.

"Hey Y/N! We learned some new tricks, and also threw up some of our art. You wanna see?"
Fresh kicks his new shoes up, clearly showing off how white and fresh it is.
"Sure, my shift is over anyway. I just need to clean your table and we'll be off!"
And right on cue, your coworker struts in and takes over, before you left, you cleaned the tables and took of your apron.

"Alright, we're almost there but please, when you get caught, take it with your parents and not me."
You warned them, as it happened way too many times.
"Come on! You're the only adult who understands us! You're way cooler and you let us off the hook!"
Jake throws finger guns at you while you face palmed.
"Maybe I should be a little more strict with you guys..."

They chuckle at your remark. You guys arrive at one of the abandoned subway station, going down the stairs. They show you some tricks and flips, while also you learn some yourself. Hey! You're an adult, you don't have time for skateboarding.
You decided to just let them have fun while you sit back and watch, the music blasting off, Jake and Fresh do some tricks, Yutani is working on her machines and Tricky is dancing her heart away. You look around and see a wall full of their art, it was amazing! It spelled out 'subway surfers'.

You notice some spray cans and you decided, why not? It's been awhile since you've done this. You find a fresh wall and start spraying, just doing whatever felt right. Making your visions come true, and in your vision, it has a lot of blood, or maybe red paint.

You stand back as you view your work, just a simple phrase that said "is that a promise?"
The kids saw you spray paint and looked at the finished product.
"Didn't know you can spray paint, Y/N!"
Fresh exclaimed, You laughed as you shook your head.
"Yeah, well it's been a while so I'm still rusty."
The kids decided to spary paint on their own as you watched, thinking how they never really know anything about you.

"Y/N, is that what you really think? We don't know anything about you?"
Yutani asked loudly, making the others look at you in confusion.
"OH, sorry! My new machine is called 'mind reader'! I just wanted to try it out!"
Yutani scratched her cheek shyly, as you exhale, shocked at how she knew your thoughts.

Tricky gasped,
"It's true! We don't really know anything about you, Y/N."
They look at eachother and nod in agreement. Waiting for you to reply.
"Do you guys wanna know? You could just ask, but not too personal, okay?"
They smiled as they began to question you, and you answered to the best you can.

"What's your favorite color?"

"What's your favorite food?"

"Why do you work somewhere that doesn't pay too much?"

Fresh caught you off guard with that last question, your heart beats a bit faster and your hands a little clammy.

"I work there part time, you know? I have... Another job."
Their eyes light up more.
God, I wished I didn't tell them I had another job...

"What kind of job?"
Jake asked, while you open your mouth to answer,

"Well, What if I told you I kill people for a living?"
You smirk, while they stare at you in disbelief.
Fresh yelled out,
"No way you do! You're too kind for that!"
They all laughed at Fresh's reaction, while you sat there just chuckling.
Yutani asked you,

"You don't actually kill people, right?"

Silence fills the air. Four kids slowly thinking, that you could be an actual murderer.

"Of course not!"
Sorry kiddos, can't tell you that I get millions of dollars when I do kill someone...
You laughed, while they release a breath of relief.
Yutani turns off her new machine, and you guys talked about Tricky's upcoming ballet performance and about Fresh's new kicks.

When all of a sudden, a gunshot echoes in the distance.

You sat up straight while the kids froze in their stances.
A pin could drop, a knife could cut the tension.
You could hear the kids' heartbeats, as groans and sounds of someone struggling could be heard.

You quickly turn off the boom box. Standing up, leaving the spray cans while you usher them out. You whispered,
"Quickly!"

With panicked expressions and sweaty palms, they got their skateboards.
You look behind and see a man in the distance, wearing some sort of mask. He turns around,
Your body tensed up as you realized what he was holding, breathing got stuck in your throat while the kids run away. Breathing loudly, echoing through the tunnels, shaky knees and almost slipping.

You run after them as you try to calm yourselves. Running as fast and as far as you can, stopping in a dark alleyway.
"Is everyone okay? No one hurt?"
You check up on them, making sure no cuts and bruises. They shake their heads no.
"Y/N... Was that a gunshot..?"
Yutani asked you. Panicking as your eyes wander, avoiding eye contact.
"I-I'm not sure, Ani... It could have just been-- you know what, let's just forget about it. It's probably nothing!"
You smile, trying to cheer them up.
Fresh shakily take boombot out of your hands and wipes sweat off his forehead.

You hug them all very tightly,
"You kids should go home now, rest up your eyes and with a fresh start tomorrow!"
You pat their backs as you distance yourselves, smiling at them while they try and match your energy. Smiling weakly, and waving goodbye at you.

Could he be like me..? No, the system doesn't accept anyone right now...

He was wearing a bunny mask, with a suit...

You sighed as these thoughts run wild in your mind.

You go home into your small apartment and rest, the nightmares coming back again.

Better be careful from now on...