CHAPTER THIRTEEN

3 weeks until your deadline, for your payment, you were called urgently into the system building.
You had set your alarm up, but still managed to sleep through and be a few minutes late... 30 minutes give or take...
You speed up your motorcycle, hoping your boss won't be too angry at you being late..
You take a deep breath as you enter the building, making your way to the meeting offices.
"And that is why-- oh! And here we have Y/N... Please just take a seat, and listen."
You smile awkwardly, sitting down immediately.
"Back to what I was saying, that is why we need to combine our forces with Infiltration system and also the Dossier system. Because the fourth system has broke every rule, and is going against what the system stands for."
Your ears perk up at the name Dossier,
Dossier...! Where Frank works...
"Now, I know one of you has experience with one of the Dossier agents..."
The man speaking, looks straight at you, causing the others to look at you too.
You give them a look, making them look away.
Clearing his voice, the man continues.
"Anyways, the fourth system building is located in the deepest part of the forest. We will camp there for a few hours until the operation is a go."
Everyone nods, listening to his words.

The man explained everything to everyone in the room, and apparently, qualified agents from different systems will be coming to this building, explaining the plan further in detail.
The meeting ends, continuing when the agents arrive.
Feeling a bit excited yourself, you manage your contracts. Receiving the money paid from your contracts, accepting some new contracts and seeing how much money do you need.
You also get some new equipment, weapons and sharper knives, provided by your system underground market.

The bell buzzes, signifying the meeting is back on track. Everyone rushes back to the room, taking a seat.
You take a seat in front and see the other agents walk in the room.
One... Two three.... Eight.. Twelve..
You continue to count until no one came in anymore.
Twenty three... Twenty--four..!

Of course, Frank appeared. Seeing as no one knows about your relationship with Frank and the Dossier, you stay seated and calm.
The agents from Dossier all are wearing black suits and different masks, standing straight and very professional looking. The agents from Infiltration wear all black clothes, covering everything but their eyes, standing very casual but on their guard. While all the bounty hunters are wearing whatever...
It's the first time something like this happened, a system going against everything and the three systems who specializes in killing are the ones to destroy it.

"Bounty hunters! Where are your manners?"
The boss enters the room, arms wide open.
He introduced himself and stands in front.
"My dear hunters, these are the agents from Dossier and Infiltration. Please have respect for them.."
He sits down, as one of the Dossier agent comes forward.
Ah great... Agent Peterson..
You roll your eyes, remembering the last interaction you had with him. Making your blood boil.
"Hello, we are from Dossier. Most bounty hunters are kept in the shadows but Dossier is apart of the system. Although some of you may already have... Experience."
He glances towards you, making you raise your eyebrows at him.
He rolls his eyes, continuing to explain the plan.
"Some of our men have set up in the forest, we will be staying in a cabin..."
The projector turns on, showing words on the screen.

Peterson shows the strategies, explaining the layout of the building, and what to do with the people.
Leave the higher ups to the other higher ups... And take out the others when possible.. Right..

"That's all, and please... Although there might be people cleaning the aftermath, atleast bury the body you took out."
Everyone nods, leaving the room.
Seeing as you were gonna do this today, you got ready.
Putting on your black skintight jumpsuit, making it easy for you to move, strapping yourself with guns and knives.
Your fellow bounty hunters also prepared themselves,
"Y/N!"
Tasha called you,
"Yeah?"
"What's your... Thing with Dossier? Like what happened?"
She asked you, like she usually does.. Sticking her nose into everyone's business.
"It's nothing, just some few quick calls, that's it."
Technically it was true, that there were some few quick calls.
She looks at you skeptical,
She doesn't believe me.. Whatever..

Standing in the quadrangle, everyone is waiting until it's time to go.
You keep seeing Frank glance your way, over and over again.
You finally look him in the eyes, mouthing the words,
"What..?!"
He shakes his head, then points towards back the meeting room.
Does he want to talk to me..?
You go in the room, ignoring the others questioning eyes.
A few seconds passed and Frank enters the room.
"Hey.."
"Hey, what's up with you?"
You ask him with a chuckle, he shrugs
"I don't know.. Just wanted to get away from all these people..."
You nod, understanding being overwhelmed by crowds of people.
"I also wanted to talk to you.."
Seeing his ears turn pink, you giggle.
"Awww missed me already, bunny?"
You teased him, as you sit down on the table.
He slowly puts his hands on the table, putting you between his arms and standing between your legs.
"Wow you're really anxious, huh? Care to tell me whats on your mind?"
He looks at you, then hesitantly rests his head on your shoulder.
His actions caught you by surprise, not sure what to do, you decide to put your arms around him and rub his back.
"Sorry, I just... I get anxious before every mission. It got worse being around all those people..."
He seems so vulnerable, just like that one time where he broke down and cried. Your heart aches seeing and hearing him like this, so you hugged him tighter.
Cooing at him,
"Just take your time and get ready. I'm right here for you."
He nods, taking some breaths.
The two of you stay like that for a few moments, Frank's breathing near your ears.
Everytime Frank is in your arms, you seem to be at peace, his warmth comforted you like nothing else.

Like everything else, a man walked in, seeing the two of you in each other's arms.
"Uh--Am I interrupting something...?"
He asks as he holds the door knob,
"Oh, no! You're good, he's just... Dealing with some things right now.."
The man nods, clearing his throat.
"Well, Im sorry for not knocking, I just saw Frank come in here... Anywho, it's time to go, you two need to come out now."
He leaves, closing the door.
Frank exhales, standing up while your arms are still around his neck.
"I think I'm good now..."
Rubbing his back, you look at him.
"Are you sure? We could go after them..."
"Im sure."
He says, stroking your hair. You smile in content, humming happily.
"You really like it when I pet you, huh?"
"Oh, well pets in general just feel good..."
He laughs, caressing your cheek.
Leaning more into his touch, you hold his hand, looking into his eyes.
Your heart beats faster, your cheeks feel a little warm.
His thumb rubbing your cheek,
"We really need to go..."
You pout, laughing soon after.
He pinches your cheek, making you shout.
"Owowowow! Alright--! That really hurts...!"
The two of you go outside, saying goodbye as you go into separate vehicles; him into his car and you to your motorcycle.
Putting on your helmet, you go to the location.

As Frank started up his car, the man from earlier went in the passenger seat.
"Oh, uh hey Collin..."
Frank looks at him confused.
"Sorry for intruding, Frank..."
He puts on the seatbelt, while Frank drives off.
"But I have some questions..."
"Ah of course..."
He laughs at Frank, he points at Frank.
"I didn't know you had a special person..."
"What makes you say that?"
Collin leans back, looking at Frank, squinting his eyes.
"Aside from me, you don't open up to anyone else, and you don't even let me hug you, man... And yet you're over here cuddling with someone.."
Collin crosses his arms,
"So I say that person holds a special place in your heart."

Looking in your mirror, you could see Frank's car right behind you.
Changing your lane and slowing down a little, Frank drives up right next to you.
Smiling at him, you wave.
He waves back at you, before you speed off.
You noticed someone else was in with him.

"See!? You go all soft for them..!"
"They are special to me... I need them just as much as they need me.."
Frank explains while Collin nods.
"No romantic feelings?"
Collin asked teasingly, while Frank sighed and just stayed silent.

"Don't make me pull this car over."