Chapter 37

Liam's P.O.V.

We've been zipping through the air, dodging trees, splitting clouds in half, and I have screamed several more times. This Seth guy is having way too much fun almost swinging me into trees. "How much farther is it?!" I shout at him. He looks at me and shakes his head. We have to have been flying for at least thirty minutes, and at the speed he's been going, we're way out of Jordan's territory.

"We're almost there, dog," Seth doesn't raise his voice. I hear him clearly, almost like the wind stopped to let him speak. Seth starts flying faster, everything is a blur and I can't make anything out above or below us. The speed continues to grow. There is smoke behind us and I look over to see Seth's wings have caught fire.

"You're on fire!" I shout, but he just ignores me and keeps increasing speed. I try to get his attention to no avail. A ring of fire appears before us. The ring is a portal. The sky surrounding the ring is normal, but inside is darkness and fire. Seth speeds through it, I feel the flames singe my skin. Seth seems unbothered by it.

Once through the portal, it shuts behind us. We don't slow down as I expected, rather we stay at the incredible speed we are. I look down to try and make anything out. All I can see are flames and all I can hear is the wind ripping past my ears and the screams of agony it carries from below. We really are in hell. Seth continues at his pace for ten minutes before finally slowing down when we come near a huge castle. I sniff the air, and bile rises in my throat.

Death. Rot. Evil. Destruction. Everything around us reeks of it. This is what Jordan is? This is where she comes from? This is her escape? How is this evil, chaotic place an escape? Seth clears his throat and looks over at me.

"This isn't where we are from and this isn't what Jordan is," He answers my thoughts and I growl at him.

"Stop reading my mind!" I shout at him, but he just chuckles. I'm sick of this disrespect. I am the Royal Alpha not some dog. This man needs to learn how to respect me. Seth shakes his head with another laugh erupting from his chest.

"We are fallen angels Liam. There was a curse placed on the family about twenty years ago. It was my fault, but it was worth it," He smirks and his eyes cloud over. I wait for him to continue, but he just stops. We land on a path. Everything is black and grey, there is no living animals or plants around, there are spirits floating around groaning, and fire everywhere. The heat from the flames causes me to break out in a sweat.

"So, what happened and where is Jordan?" I question him as we begin walking along the path to the castle. Seth continues taking long strides, but I stay focused on everything around me. I don't want anything to touch me or creep up behind me. Everything here feels so negative and toxic.

"Do you have to insult everything constantly? You're quite whiny to be a Royal," Seth snaps and I growl at him. This kid is irritating as hell. "I'm irritating as hell, huh?" Seth breaks out in a chuckle. I roll my eyes and wait for him. "About a hundred years ago, I met a witch named Scarlett. Gosh what a beautiful woman she was, and powerful too. Anyway, Scarlett and I were dating, and everything was going wonderfully. At this point I was still an angel, and I was breaking every rule to be with this woman. While she was not a normal mortal and possessed unheard amounts of power. I was in love with her, but I was faced with a decision. I chose to save my angelhood rather than stay with her... Scarlett was pissed and cursed my family. We all fell from the heavens and are now stuck on earth or within the hell realm. We've grown used to it at this point, but when we found out that Jordan was born with both traits, we began digging. We've found some loopholes to the curse, and Jordan is key to those loopholes since she carries the wolf gene within her. Although, her soul is corrupt because she was born as a fallen angel. Jordan will never be allowed the title of angel; she will always be fallen. That is my fault, and that is my only regret. Which is why I am so protective over her, but I wasn't around for the Malcom shit. Her mother, Athena, cut contact with all of us," Seth finishes and we approach the door of the castle.

I try to process everything that Seth has just explained. He pushes the heavy brass door open, and strolls inside casually. I look around and decide it's best for me to follow him. He heads up a marble staircase. The castle is very cool, despite the fires everywhere outside and the suffocating heat. This place feels like a refrigerator compared to outside. Seth and I finally make it up the stairs. Seth turns right to go down this massive hallway. I continue to follow him.

"I have been here off and on since Scarlett cursed us. Jordan comes to visit at times, but she tends to prefer the human realm. So, welcome to hell," Seth swings open a tall wooden door and walks inside. I look around and spot her.

We're in a massive throne room and Jordan is sitting in the second chair from an older man. He sits in the middle throne. He demands respect from everyone in the room. His horns and wings are longer and larger than anyone else's. Seth walks over and sits in between the man and Jordan.

Jordan is still in her demon form, which is quite frightening to me, but she shocks the hell out of me when she turns to the man on the throne. "Uncle Slade let me introduce you to the Royal Alpha, Liam. He's my mate."

The man turns his red eyes to observe me. He stands from the throne. Slade is about 6'7" with dark black hair with streaks of silver, his eyes are slits of red and black. His horns and wings are huge and black with gold slits throughout. He towers over me by a few inches, but I do not allow any emotion to be seen. Slade extends his hand out to me, "Hi, we've been waiting for you."