1

Independence Day.

The whole city is surrounded by a celebrative aura. People are out on Main Street to see the festival which is held by the government. The whole street is flooded with people. There are no cars in sight. The tanks are out in the center of the town for everyone to see. Some soldiers are there with their unloaded weapons. There is going to be a march starting soon. Other country's presidents are invited as well. They are going to say their speech and congratulate the country.

The people are selling flower crowns, ornaments, etc. There are acrobats making an amazing show for free. Also, there is a national sports challenging. The people take pictures and the happy smiles never leave their faces.

Taehyung is out with his best friend, Jimin, walking around, appreciating the effort that is given to this festival. Taehyung is so into the big, shiny weapons that Jimin almost has to drag him away by force.

"I never thought you'd be into guns," Jimin says, laughing.

"Me too," Taehyung laughs. "But they're much more amazing up close!" He is now heading towards the soldiers.

"They have such a different aura around them," Jimin smiles while looking at the soldiers. "They're our real-life heroes."

Taehyung hums and drifts into his thoughts. At the end of the day, they have already looked around every single place at the festival and now they are sitting in the cafe since they didn't get to eat anything all day.

"Let's go." Taehyung suddenly says.

"Huh? Where?" His best friend looks up, munching on his burger.

"To the military."

"What?" Jimin laughs, but the other's expression remains serious. "Wait.. are you serious?" He stops laughing and looks at the taller suspiciously.

"I am, Minnie." Taehyung nods, his eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Oh my god... imagine how our parents will react." Jimin says quietly, not completely opposing the idea.

"It'll be finee! Trust me." Taehyung smiles widely as he knows Jimin's already on his side.

These two has the type of friendship in which they would never leave each other's side. That's why they never ask for each other's permission. If one is going somewhere, the other is sticking right next to him. Always.

🌤🌤🌤🌤🌤🌤

"Mom, it's only for 6 months." Taehyung hugs his mother tightly. He can't bear to watch her teary eyes.

"Do you really want to go?" His mother's weak voice makes his heart clench painfully.

"Yes, mom. I want it with all my heart! I want to be helpful to our country. I want to become strong. Not only physically, but in a mental way too."

"You are my everything, baby bear," she takes a shaky breath. "And I want you to be happy. I love you."

"I love you too." Now tears are forming in the said male's eyes as well.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello!! I'm rewriting my very first fanfic 🥺🥺 I hope you'll like it!