rogers' family photo shoot ft. vogue

↴↴

↴↴

"Can someone please explain why I have to wear a turtle neck in the middle of July?"

"Shut up, James. Just get dressed so we can go."

"But it's over eighty-degrees outside!" James complained, "I sweat like a barbarian during gym class and I doubt this one's going to be any different."

Allie rolled her eyes, buttoning the top button the blouse she was given to wore. "It's not like we have any other choice so stop your whining."

James shook his head dramatically, tossing the turtle neck over his shoulder. "I can't. I can't. I'm telling dad I can't do this."

"Fine, piss him off and make this worse for the both of us!" she countered, walking back to her room with her brother trailing behind.

"If the roles were reversed you'd throw a fit, too!"

Allie threw her head back, groaning exasperatedly. Just when she was tempted to smack James in the head just to get him to shut up, their mom walked past them.

She raised an eyebrow at them. "What's going on here?" Her eyes dawned over James. "And why aren't you dressed yet? We're leaving in—" she looked at her watch, "ten minutes."

As if he was a freaking five-year-old who was deprived of going to Toys R Us, he downright whined in front of his mom. Allie had to stop herself from face-palming at the sight because James looked absolutely ridiculous.

"But mom, I can't wear a turtle neck! It's sizzling outside!" To emphasize his point, he took the turtleneck draped over his shoulder and held it in front of Natasha's face. "See? And it's black for crying out loud!"

Natasha sighed, lowering his hands down so she could see him. "The studio's going to be air-conditioned so you don't need to worry."

James frowned, "But—"

"James," she interrupted, "I'm wearing a full, corporate attire so if anyone should be complaining about how hot it is, it should be me." Natasha stated with a tone that both siblings immediately knew was the signal of 'this conversation is over'.

Defeated, he could only sigh, his frown only indicating how much he didn't like any of what was happening. "Fine."

He walked past the two women and grumbled to himself all the way to his room. 

Allie snickered from where she was standing, watching the scene unfold with amusement. Her laughter got caught in her throat as soon as she locked eyes with Natasha, obviously not sharing the same emotion she had.