The Duel Pt.2

Tom and Henry were the last to duel. Abraxas and Antonin dueled and Abraxas won. Emily and Rodger dueled and Emily won. Finally it was their turn.

Tom and Henry went on to the stage-like platform and Henry started to sweat thinking about fighting the young Voldemort. He took a few breaths and focused on what he read, and what spells he learned.

Tom and Henry touched backs, walked three steps from each other, turned around to once again face one another. Professor Slughorn signaled for them to start and the first thing Henry did was put up a protective spell, named 'Protego'.

"Protego!" Shouted Henry, just before Tom's tickling charm hit him.

"Stupify!" Shouted Tom. Henry, once again, blocked it. This time, something different happened. Both Henry and Tom used the disarming spell against each other at the same time. This created a line of energy from both sides. Tom's energy was blue, whereas Henry's was green.

The spells met in the middle, creating a force between the both of them. The force between them was very strong, making both Henry and Tom grunt. Henry tried to approach Tom, but the force built up from both their spells made it so hard to move.

Both Henry and Tom didn't have any robes on, as Slughorn warned against it. Henry felt himself start sweating. He felt as a bead of sweat trickled down his forehead. Tom wasn't doing much better. His shirt was rather wet, due to him sweating. Henry's shirt was practically glued to his torso.

Henry saw as Tom's energy tried to take over his and he fought against it. He put more energy into his wand and so his spell evened Tom's out once more. Henry groaned as he felt his arm start to ache. Tom grunted and put more energy into his spell. Henry gasped, both in pain and in effort to get more air into his lungs as he tried to put more energy into his spell, but with no avail.

While Tom's spell slowly started to overtake Henry's, most girls were swooning over the sight of both Henry's and Tom's visible muscles. Henry's muscles rippled as he tried to put in more energy, stopping Tom's spell from going any further, but not for long.

Tom's spell over took Henry's and his wand flew to Tom's hand. Henry was breathing heavily and was lying on the floor, his face red from the energy pulled out of him.

Tom helped Henry up and Henry couldn't help noticing as Tom pulled him up how his muscles tensed. Tom gave him his wand back, but looked at him curiously and suspiciously.

Henry packed up his stuff and came out of the classroom. Outside he saw Tom who looked deep in thought. Henry passed by Tom casually, though, he had pictures of Voldemort going through his head. He was much more powerful than he'd expected, though, he knew he should've known better.

Someone suddenly grabbed Henry's arm and pushed him into a secluded passageway. It was Tom, who forcefully, pushed Henry against the wall and held Henry's hands above his head.

Tom growled, Henry struggled against the taller boy, who inspected him thoroughly. "Who are you?" He growled, just like a feral hound.

"I-" Henry gasped as Tom's hand went to his throat. "I am H-Henry, someone you won't learn anything abou-" He was interrupted by Tom letting him go, then placing both his hands back on the wall above his head. Henry started feeling slightly dizzy as he felt Tom's breath against his neck. "I will find out sooner or later, mark my words." He seethed.

Slowly, Tom left, leaving Henry in a state of confusion. He was confused not only of the current events but also because of a pleasurable feeling he received when To - Riddle's breath touched his neck.

What was happening to him?!

Back at the Common Room, he thought. First, he was sent back in time to 1943. Second, he had feelings for the young Voldemort. Scratch that, he wasn't Voldemort yet. Wait. If he wasn't Voldemort yet, what would his 'accomplishment' in his 5th year be? Stoically, he thought back to all the conversations he'd had with Ron, Hermione and Harry.

Basilisk. In his fifth year, Tom Riddle discovered his ancestry. The Chamber of Secrets! Harry had told him everything about it, even the location!

On his way to the second-floor girls' lavatory, he passed a stone statue and decided to take its long sharp sword, as he would need it. He stopped in front of the girls lavatory and listened to see if anyone was in there. Much to his relief, there was no one. He ran to the sinks and found the one that wasn't working. He hissed the only word he knew in parseltongue which was 'open'.

The sinks all lowered revealing a tunnel to slide down, just as Harry had said. He jumped down the tunnel and heard as the sinks went back to place. He wanted to close his eyes while speeding down the tunnel, but he didn't. In turn, he saw as he crashed onto a bunch of bones. He got up and ran to a vault door with snakes, also like Harry had described it.

Henry hissed 'open' once again, and the snakes retracted, opening the door. Harry rushed inside and saw a bunch of bronze snake statues on either side of the stone passageway. He knew what he had to do.

He had to kill the Basilisk.