Chapter 3

'It's the same dream every month, sometimes the location varies but it's pretty much the same. I'm hanging off a cliff and this man with a blank face is holding my head and when I give him my hand he breaks my neck and I have it frequently' He said as he bit into a corn dog. He chewed rather loudly and you could tell the people from the other table were getting upset with him. They didn't find his story delightful and thought it be better if he waited to talk instead of spraying little chunks of corn dog at his familiar.
"That's an interesting dream" said his companion he was sipping on the soup he had ordered. It was a funny colour, and it never quite filtered into their minds that they could get soup and corn dogs at the same place. 
"You think so?" His boisterous American accent proofing every stereotype.
"No," his friend replied as he took another sip of soup.
"Close your mouth, you're drawing attention to us"
"I don't care" he said as he bit into more of his corn dog.
"You never do" his friend whispered. 
" I think your dream is quite simple"
"you do?"
"Yes"
"Well"
"You have to kill the man"
"What?"
"You heard"
for a moment there was silence. The man eating his soup cleared his throat, he wiped his mouth with the napkin and settled it on the round table.
"Well, that will be £1000' he stared boldly at the man.
"It's gone up"
" Times are rough, this is an awful restaurant" he blinked profusely as he looked around. The other man stuffed the rest of his corn dog in his mouth and wiped his face with the napkin. They got up in unison after this had happened and the soup man walked ahead.
"Enjoy your meal" the corn dog man managed through a full mouth at the neighbouring table. To which they replied 'urgh' as the woman noticed a few specs of food fly over them.
"Are you a barbarian?" The soup man asked as he fixed his overcoat in the window. Making sure his tie was straight he turned to face the corn dog man.
"No, maybe. Who knows?"
"You know it's not deep when you say these things, it's just inconvenient at best"
"Thank you, stick to your job. So should I transfer the money or cash?"
"Cash"
"Gotcha, I'll be right back" the corn dog man went to the bank which was close by to the restaurant they had stepped out of.

The man was waiting as he watched the corn dog man enter the bank. A dingy old town bank, that looked like it would collapse any moment. The whole area was new metropolitan the only thing that wasn't was this place and frankly it stuck out like a sore thumb on a cat's paw. As he waited in the line he kept looking back, Soup man was still there in his tailored suit. It had a waistcoat, a colourful waist coat that reminded Corn dog man of a film he watched. It was red and yellow with purple tinges and green under tones and you could honesty say there was nothing like it. He turned back around to see the woman in front of him in the line. She had a buggy and her baby was staring directly at him. The baby did not blink, corn dog man found this quite rude. The lady was attempting to play with him when she turned around to see what the baby was staring at. She smiled in an apologetic way and continued to try and distract the child. He was around a year old. He had brown coolie hair. Corn dog man thought about the child's hair. He hoped his child could also have hair just like this baby. He looked around at the bank and saw a withdrawal cash machine. However he was not sure whether you could take out £1000 from it. So he waited in the line until the numbers went up. 
"Next!" The bank teller yelled Although her monotonous voice was drowned out by the machine shouting the number of the next teller that was open. So what she yelled was mouthed over the room, which he would have missed if he wasn't paying attention.

"Hello I'd like to withdraw money"
"okay do you bank with us?"
" This is still hibiscus?" He inquired. The woman pushed the sign forward that read out the banks name.
"Yes, sir this is still hibiscus" she replied.
" yeah I do, so I'd like to withdraw £1000" "Okay. Can I get your details?" She said as corn dog man told the woman his details he waited idly for the transaction to be complete. She asked him if he wanted to know his balance after the transaction. He murmured 'no' as she counted the money in front of him he felt his temperature rise. It was a lot of money to give away however corn dog man had been feeling lucky and there aren't as many dangerous things out there than a man who feels lucky. She handed him the money with a receipt and wished him a good day. He walked out of the bank as giddy as a small child and looked over at the soup man. Who was still waiting, he checked the time on his watch as he watched corn dog man cross the road over to him.
"Here you are!" He exclaimed.
"Thank you, it's always a pleasure doing business with you' Soup man replied as he shook his hand and walked off. Corn dog man walked off repeating what the man had said to him. He waited at the bus stop and disappeared into the night.