Chapter 13: Attack of the Winter Soldier

Hope's POV:

"HANG ON!" Steve yells, taking out his shield. When the car hits the barrier and flips he manages to get the passenger door completely off its hinges. The four of us slide on either the shield or the door until we come to a halt. 

Men with funs and missile launchers and the Winter Soldier himself get out of the cars, coming towards us. He soldier takes the missile launcher and launches a missile at Steve, Nat, and I. My heart is deafening right now. 

Steve manages to shove Nat and I out of the way before it hits his shield and sends him off of the bridge we're on. I stand and glare at the soldier. Nat grabs my arm through and tugs me behind the car when they start firing. "Any idea how to get out of this?" She asks. I nod. "One." 

"Well you might want to try it." She says. "That's the very last resort, let's try plan B. I use magic, you and Sam get Steve and get the hell out of here." I say. "Nope, what's plan C?" She asks. "Try not to get kill." With that. I grab my gun from it's holster and load it. She does the same. 

We start firing at them. Nat rolls out from behind the car which is then blasted away by the missile launcher she goes into the other lane and it thrown off the bridge by another missile. I glare and run. 

The soldier follows her and goes to shoot her on the other side of the bridge, but she fools him and takes out his goggles. He then fires at her, hopefully missing. "Hey!" I yell. Everyone turns to me, not knowing what to do. "Kaboom." I say, raising my hands. 

"Fumée chaleur vicieux enfermé les vitres la bas!" I yell, sending my hands forward. Waves of fire erupt all around the HYDRA agents. Now to take out the henchmen. "Me ne de qual suurentaa!" I take out three more men by snapping their necks. I then run and jump off the bridge. 

When I land I wave for Nat to run. I do as well. As I'm running I hear the soldier says something. I translate it roughly. 'I have those two, you find him.' Good, Nat and I can handle him, Steve and Sam can handle the agents. 

I see him jump off he bridge behind me as well. "FASTER!" I yell at her. As we run and hide behind a car an emergency vehicle drives over, but a missile was shot at it. "You go and put your phone over there with a voice recording on softly so he can barely hear it. 

He'll fire at it and I'll jump in and kick his ass. I say. She nods and then goes to lay the trap for him. He does exactly what I expected him to do. I grab the only weapon I have, a spare bit of wire, and leap over the car behind him, getting onto his shoulders from behind. 

I get it around his human arm which is holding it away from his neck, but the metal arm grabs my jacket and hurls me from him. I grunt as I hit the ground. Nat then leaps into action. She When he goes to get his gun she throws something onto his arm which disables it a little.

He drops the arm and struggles to get it back up. I grab Nat's arm as we run. We race through crowds of people, trying to get away. There is a shot and Nat screams in pain. My eyes widen as I pull her around a car. 

"You go, I'll place an invisibility spell on you and you run, I've got this." I tell her. She shakes her head, but I do it anyway. "Invisique." I mutter. She then vanishes. Sighing in relief I prepare for the solider to appear. "This isn't over." She growls to me before I feel her presence leave. 

I scan for him, but I can't find him. When I finally do I see him aiming a gun at me. My eyes widen, but before he can fire Steve runs over and uses his shield. The soldier punches it, causing a loud sound to echo around us. 

He kicks Steve off of the car roof they're on and fires at him, but Steve is quick to hide himself expertly behind the shield. When he goes to reload Steve takes his chance. He kicks the gun away, but the solider pulls out a hand gun. Steve also gets that away from him. 

Now they're fighting hand to hand. It's intense. I want to help, but I don't know how I can. He gets the shield away from him and then pulls out a knife. Everything's happening so fast I can't keep up. Now the knife is gone and they're back to hand to hand. 

Every time Steve gets an advantage the soldier gets one a second later. Finally Steve gets his shield back and manages to get the upper hand again. he flips the soldier over and rips off his mask in the process. Who I see behind it is shocking. 

That's because I've only seen him in a museum. The Winter Solider is James Buchanan Barnes, Steve's best friend. "Bucky?" Steve asks. "Who the hell is Bucky?" He voice is void of all emotion except one. Confusion. 

He doesn't know who he is and he's confused about how a total stranger to him knows who he is. He raises his gun to shoot at Steve when Sam flies in and kicks him back. I jump out of my daze and see the missile launcher on the ground. 

I grab it and when Steve ducks to avoid a recovered Bucky's gun shot I shoot a missile at him, sending him flying. When the smoke clears Bucky is gone, but a ton of government vehicles appear. Crap. I glance at Steve asking if I should do anything. He shakes his head in defeat. I sigh. 

Now what?