Chapter 6: I Feel For Them

Hope's POV:

All of us end up pulling all nighters, trying to see what Ultron and the twins are up to. It's like I'm blocked thought. The girl is good at protecting their minds. The next morning Steve gathers the team. "What's this?" Tony asks, taking the tablet from him. 

"A message. Ultron killed Strucker." Steve explains. "And he did a banksy at the crime scene, just for us." I take the tablet out of his hands. "This is a smoke screen." I say. Nat nods. "I agree, why send a message when you've just given a speech?" She adds. 

"Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss." Steve realizes. I nod. What could he know though? "Yeah, I bet he..." Nat trails off, looking at her computer. "Yeah. Everything we had on Strucker's been erased." Nat tells us. I shake my head. 

"Not everything." We go to where we store our paper files and start going through them in the lab. I stop everyone. "Put the boxes in a pile." I tell them, knowing a way for this to go faster. They don't question me, just do what I say. 

I grab a vile off a counter and force myself to cry "What are you doing?" Tony asks when I collect my tear. "The magical signature in my tears will allow me to trace what I'm seeking without having to go through every single piece of paper in here." I explain. 

I have Steve fetch some candles, a bowl, and some salt. Once I have everything I set to work. I place a ring of salt around the boxes and place down light five candles unlit. I the grab the bowl and put the tears in it. Taking a deep breath I raise my hands. 

The candles light themselves and I begin to chant. "Mennen nou au sort. L'edat remedium. Mennen nou au sort. L'edat remedium. Mennen nou au sort. L'edat remedium." I mutter. Several boxes hover for a second until one box remains. 

A single file comes out of the box and is places in my hands. I open it. "I know that guy." Tony says. I hand him the file. "From back in the day, he operates off the African coast. Black market arms." He explains. Steve gives him a disapproving look. Tony notices. 

"There are conventions, alright. You do meet people. I didn't sell him anything." He reassures. We all start looking at the file. "He was talking about finding something new, a game changer. It's all very, Ahab." Thor takes the file and looks at the man closely. "This?" 

"That's a tattoo, I don't think he had it-" "No, those are tattoos. This is a brand." Thor explains. I look closely at it while Bruce looks up the symbol. "Oh yeah. It's a word in an African dialect meaning "thief". In a much less friendly way." Bruce explains. "What dialect?" I ask. 

"Wakanada? W-Wakanda." He says, struggling to pronounce the country. Steve and Tony exchange a look. "If this guy got out of Wakanda with some of their trade goods..." "I thought your father said he got the last of it." Steve says. 

"I don't follow, what comes out of Wakanda?" Bruce asks. "The strongest metal on earth." Tony explains while Steve looks back at his shield. "Where is this guy now?" I ask. "I know where to find him. Suit up." Tony says. We nod and head out. 

I race to my room and grab my suit, slipping it on

I race to my room and grab my suit, slipping it on. I grab my weapons as well before heading to the jet. The others are already there and once I'm on board we take off. "What do you think is going to be waiting for us when we get there?" I ask Steve. 

We're out of ear shot of the others. He shakes his head and grabs my hand. "I don't know. Those kids are powerful, I hate that Ultron is using them." I lean into his side, just wanting to be in his presence right now. 

"I know. I remember what it felt like to want to get back at the boy who betrayed me and my mom which ended up with her dead, it was toxic. I focused everything I had in me into destroying him until it came down to it. I didn't want his death on my conscious." I say. He nods.

"It's just-I know they're coming from and I know what they must be thinking. I feel for them." He squeezes my hand. We'll get through to them." He tries to reassure me. I look up at him. "How do you know that?" "I have faith that we will." I nod and lay my head on his shoulder. 

His hand drops mine and his arm comes up to wrap around my shoulders. He kisses the top of my head and we just stay there like that for the rest of the trip, soaking in the other's presence. When we reach our destination we get out. 

We leave Bruce behind and have him wait until there's a Code Green. Clint and Natasha take to the shadows while Steve, Tony, Thor, and I go to face Ultron and the twins. "Stark, he's a sickness." Is all I hear. The tail end of a conversation. 

"Awe, junior. You're gonna break your old man's heart." Tony speaks up, causing everyone to turn and face us. The twins flank Ultron on either side. "If I have to." Ultron says. "You don't have to break anything." Thor says. "Clearly you've never made an omelet." Ultron quips. 

"He beat me by one second." Tony grumbles. I roll my eyes. "Ah, yes, it's funny. Mr. Stark." The boy, Pietro says. He glances at the missiles to his left. "It's comfortable? Like old times?" He asks. "This was never my life." Tony argues. "You two can still walk away from this." Steve says. 

"Oh we will." Wanda smirks. "He's right. This doesn't have to end in a fight. I know you two are angry. I've been in your position before." I say. 

"Ah, Captain America, God's righteous man. Pretending you can live without a war. Hope Mikaelson, the Original Tribrid. The savior of the supernatural. Pretending that you aren't the downfall of everyone you get close to. I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but..." 

I roll my eyes. "If you believe in peace, then let us keep it." Thor steps in. "I think you're confusing peace with quiet." Ultron argues. "Uh-huh. What's the vibranium for?" Tony asks, over the small talk. "I'm glad you asked that because I want to take this time to explain my evil plan." 

With that three bots come towards Steve, Thor, and I while Ultron pulls Tony towards him with some sort of powerful magnet. "Vados!" I yell, causing my bot to explode. I am shoved aside by Pietro. I glare. I can catch him in wolf form. I know it. He's slower than a vampire is. 

I look to Steve and he nods. I sprint and then jump into the air, shifting quickly I speed off, trying to find him. I quickly find his silver streak and catch up to him, tackling him to the ground. He looks shocked and terrified. I shift back. 

"I would suggest you stay out of this. This isn't your fight." I snarl. He glares at me. Suddenly there are men shooting at us. I roll my eyes. "Una scar." I mutter, turning the gun of the men to dust. When I turn back the boy is gone. I sigh before running off the go help the team. 

"Thor, Hope, status." Steve calls. "The girl tried to warp my mind. Take special care. I doubt a human can keep her at bay. But fortunately, I am mighty." He says. "Hope?" "I'm goo-" I turn to come face to face with the girl, her hands glowing red. 

She stands in front of me for a minute, my mind going foggy. "I'm sorry. We know what it's like." With that she's gone and everything goes back.