fifteen

massie's pov

claire took allison to another room to do something. which left me with andrew and brian. i could go through the vents and go see john but i'd rather not get killed by vernon if he catches me. 

"massie?" andrew asks.

"yeah?" i ask.

"why didn't you tell anyone what you did to get in here?" andrew asks.

"because i don't trust them and they wouldn't believe me even if i did tell them." i explain.

"you didn't do anything wrong, did you?" he asks.

"what makes you think that?" i ask.

"you're massie bender. you're a bender. i've been trying to figure you out. people think you're just a female version of your brother. but you're not. you're a complete opposite. you're old man treats you like shit because he thinks you're like john. so does vernon. the only people that understand you is john and the janitor, right?" he asks.

"partially. why do you think carl the janitor understands me?" i ask.

"as soon as vernon saw you, he gave you a dirty look. every teacher does that to you here at this school, i've seen it. but carl doesn't." he explains.

"i guess you've figured me out." i chuckle.

"i guess i have." he chuckles.

"how long have you been trying to figure me out?" i ask.

"i dunno. i'm sorry about what i said at the start of the day... about you being a lady of the night. i guess i was just pissed." he apologizes.

"it's cool." i say.

john's pov

god, i hope brian or andrew, or both, don't try anything dirty on my sister. i'll kill them.

the closet door open and i instantly think that it's vernon, so i brace myself. 

i look up and notice that it isn't vernon, it's claire, so i say, "you lost?" we smile at each other for a while.

massie's pov

andrew and i talked about god-knows-what, while brian continued on his letter. allison walks back over to us, except it doesn't look like allison. she's all pretty and no more emo.

"who are you?" i ask.

"very funny, massie." allison says.

"cool!" brian says.

"thank you." allison smiles at brian.

john's pov

claire begins to kiss on my neck, for a good two minutes.

"why'd you do that?" i ask.

"'cause i knew you couldn't." claire smiles.

"you know how you said before, how your parents used you to get back at each other? wouldn't i be outstanding in that capacity?" i ask.

"were you really disgusted about what i did with my lipstick?" claire asks.

"truth?" i ask.

"truth." she replies.

i nod my head and say at the same time, "no."

massie's pov

"what happened to you?" andrew asks allison.

"why? claire did it! what's wrong?" allison asks.

"nothing's wrong, it's just so different. i can see your face." andrew tells allison.

"is that good or bad?" allison asks.

"it's good." andrew laughs.

"you like her?" i ask andrew quietly.

"why do you say that?" he asks.

"you're blushing." i say.

"i don't like her like that!" he denies.

"you sure?" i ask.

"positive." he replies.

"i don't believe you." i laugh.

"i'll prove it to you later." andrew says.

oh god.