Chapter 23: Bubbles

A/N

I skipped the part where Gamora asks Peter to promise to kill her if Thanos gets her, and the part where Drax becomes invisible. Only because there's Knowhere (get it? I'm funny, right?) to put (Y/N). If you think of something, leave a comment and I might add it later :)

The remaining guardians flew to Knowhere. "This place looks deserted." Quill observed. 

"I'm reading movement in the third quadrant." Drax informed. 

"Yep, I'm picking that up too." Quill agreed. "Let's put down right here." He said as they lowered the ship. Quill, Gamora, Drax, (Y/N) and Mantis walked out of the ship and towards the third quadrant. 

"I don't have it." They heard a strained voice. 

"Everyone in the galaxy knows you'd sell your own brother if you thought it would add even the slightest trinket to your pathetic collection." Thanos's voice was immediately recognised by all the guardians. They travelled closer to the conversation stealthily. Quill stopped and rose his right fist, a signal for the others to stop. But none of them did. They walked passed Quill, as if he wasn't even there. "I know you have the Reality Stone, Tivan. Giving it to me will spare you a great deal of suffering." Thanos continued as he pushed his foot down on the Collector's chest. 

"I told you." Tivan strained. "I sold it. W-why would I lie?" He stuttered. 

"I imagine it's like breathing for you. Like suicide. You do understand. Not even you would surrender something so precious." 

"I didn't know what it was." 

"Then you're more of a fool than I took you for." 

"It's him." Drax whispered. Quill looked to him. 

"Last chance, charlatan. Where's the stone?" Thanos asked one last time. 

"Today..." Drax began. 

"Drax. Drax!" Quill whisper-yelled. 

"...he pays for the deaths of my wife and daughter." 

"Drax, wait." Quill tried to stop him as Drax pulled out his knife. "Not yet, not yet, not yet! Drax." He followed as Drax slowly walked forward. He stood in front of him and pushed him back. "Drax, Drax, Drax. Listen to me. He doesn't have the stone yet. If we get it, then we can stop him. We have to get the stone first. Yeah." 

"No. No. For Ovette, for Camaria." Drax pushed passed Quill with more force. A hand placed was placed on the back of Drax's head. 

"Sleep." Mantis demanded softly. Drax fell forward with a loud thud, gaining the attention of Thanos. They all ducked down and hid. Thanos looked over in their direction then back to Tivan. He grabbed him by his collar and threw him aside. 

"Okay." Peter whispered. "Gamora, Mantis, you go right." He pointed his gun towards the right but Gamora went left instead. "The other right." Peter whispered, annoyed. Gamora ran towards Thanos and struck him with her sword. He caught it mid air and snapped it in half. Gamora took the broken sword, stabbed the purple villain in the neck and retrieved it. Thanos gasped in pain before Gamora stuck a double-sided dagger into his chest. She stared him down. 

"Why?" Thanos asked weakly before he fell to the ground. "Why you, daughter?" Gamora dropped her broken sword and kneeled on the ground, sobbing. She cried as she watched the man go limp. 

"That was quick." Quill added as Drax slowly stood up. The Collector clapped where he stood, in a large glass box, and chanted, "magnificent! Magnificent! Magnificent!" 

A dark voice echoed throughout Knowhere. "Is this sadness I sense in you, daughter?" Gamora gasped, it couldn't be. "In my heart, I knew you still cared." The Thanos on the ground quickly faded away, along with the Collector as he waved goodbye. Knowhere revealed itself to be in flames rather than just destroyed. "But one never knows for sure. Reality is often disappointing." Gamora slowly turned and saw the true Thanos appear. "That is, it was." He stood in front of the assassin. "Now, reality can be whatever I want." He admired the new red stone placed on his golden glove. 

"You knew I'd come." Gamora interrupted. 

"I counted on it. There's something we need to discuss, little one." Gamora stopped him and tried to grab her sword from the ground. Thanos grabbed her by the back of her shoulders. 

"Thanos!" Drax growled as he ran towards him. Thanos smiled and used the reality stone to turn him into cubes, tumbling to the floor. He turned to Mantis and turned her into long strips. 

"Stop!" (Y/N) called as she flew into the air towards Thanos. He grinned evilly and pointed his glove up towards her. 

"No!" Gamora yelled. Thanos used the stone to turn (Y/N) into black feathers, they fell slowly from above. 

"Let her go, Grimace." Peter ordered with his blaster pointed. 

"Peter..." Gamora said quietly. 

"I told you to go right." 

"Now? Really?" Gamora cried. 

"You let her go!" 

"Ah, the boyfriend." Thanos acknowledged. 

"No. I like to think of myself more as a Titan-killing, long term booty call. Let her go." 

"Peter." 

"I'm gonna blow that nutsack of a chin right off your face." 

"Not him." Gamora stopped him. Peter looked to her and Thanos back and forth a couple times. "You promised. You promised." Peter slowly pointed his gun at her. 

"Oh, daughter. You expect too much from him." Thanos added. He looked at Peter. "She's asked, hasn't she? ...Do it." Thanos then hummed in slight annoyance and pushed Gamora forward, closer to the gun. "Do it!" He yelled. Peter stared at Gamora and grunted frustratingly. 

"I told you to go right." 

"...I love you, more than anything." Gamora whispered. 

"I love you too." Peter whispered back. He closed his eyes and hesitantly pulled the trigger but only bubbles escaped. He opened his eyes in disbelief. The gun evaporated into more bubbles. 

"I like him." Thanos admitted before he used the space stone to teleport through a portal with Gamora in hand. Peter kneeled down and grabbed Gamora's sword. Drax and Mantis slowly connected back together while all the feathers (Y/N) turned into attracted towards each other and formed a pile. (Y/N) appeared as the feathers became her wings. She grunted in pain as the guardians came together, unsure of what to do next.