Too Long

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters or the art. All the characters are the property of Haruichi Furudate. All the art is the property of the various artists. Author-chan out!

Oikawa's POV

Tooru glanced up at the sky from under the sea.

"It's sunset. Do you think I should go check?" he asked his new pet turtle. The same one he had met before, actually. It had followed him home.

The turtle seemed to shrug. "Maybe?" Oikawa interpreted. He sighed. "Well, he's not going to be there. If he was, he would have come back already. It's been over two months."

The turtle bumped his hand with it's head. He smiled. "You're saying I should go check?"

The turtle bumped his hand again. "Alright, alright, I'm going. Don't get your shell in a twist," he joked. The brunette swam away, following the invisible path through the sea that he knew by heart.

He rose slowly through the water. "I'm not going to be disappointed," he told himself. "I don't expect him to be there. I don't even know why I'm checking anymore."

His head broke the surface. Nope, still emp-

"TRASHYKAWA!"

There was a loud splash.

The next thing Tooru knew, he was being smashed against a body as hard as a rock. Strong arms encircled his waist and held him tightly. Dry, musky lips collided with his.

They sank underwater, but Iwaizumi didn't seem to care. His hands tangled in Oikawa's hair. Their tongues crashed together. Still shell shocked, Oikawa didn't even pretend to fight for dominance like he usually did. Iwaizumi's tongue explored his mouth, tasting and touching like he'd never done it before.

That was alright with the merman. When it came to Iwaizumi, he was very much okay with being dominated.

Then, finally, Tooru recovered from the shock. He hugged Hajime tightly. He ran his hands over his muscular back and shoulders. He paddled his tail, propelling them up.

Their heads broke the surface. They broke away from kissing to breathe.

"Iwa-chan! You're back!" Oikawa exclaimed. "I thought you weren't coming back!"

The surfer kissed him again with all the passion he'd been hiding for so long. "I know, I'm sorry, Assikawa. I was delayed. I missed you."

"I missed you too!" Salty tears dripped from Tooru's eyes. "I missed you every day, Iwa-chan!"

The spiky haired male kissed him one more time. Then he paused. "We should move somewhere more comfortable, we're kinda floating around," he pointed out. They let go of each other and Iwaizumi hoisted himself up onto the dock.

Oikawa realized something. "You jumped into the water in your clothes?"

"Yeah, well, I didn't intend to jump in," Hajime muttered. He held out his hands to Tooru, ready to pull him up.

The brunette smiled. The nagging little voice in his head was finally silenced. He gripped Iwaizumi's hands and let himself be lifted onto the dock. He sat Oikawa down gently and pulled him in close. He put an arm around the merman. Oikawa smiled and cuddled closer.

"Iwa-chan?" he asked quietly. "Why didn't you come back when you said you would?"

The surfer sighed. "I wanted to, Crappykawa, I really did. I passed the Surfers Across States competition easily. I went on to Surfers International. I won money. Then I was invited to the World's Surfing Cup. It's for the single best surfer in each nation and by invitation only, so I never thought I'd get to go. But I did. I won it. That's why I was gone so long. And do you know what I did with the prize money?"