Movie night

I leaned back in my seat and stretched, yawning and groaning slightly when I cracked my elbow. "Finished! Yay..." I announced to an empty apartment. 

I stood up from my work-at-home-desk and rubbed my head sleepily, looking at my watch to check the time. "Hm." I hummed in thought, rubbing the many band-aids on my left arm. Then I snapped my fingers and grinned. 

"Movie night! Alone! Whoo..." I cheered, then grinned wider. "Not alone!" I cheered more, strolling over to a tank in the window of my studio apartment, where my 3 1/2-foot albino corn snake was snoozing on his forked branch.

"Crawley! We're gonna have a movie night!" I exclaimed, reaching into his terrarium and carefully lifting him out. I wrapped him around my shoulders like a scarf and sat down on the loveseat across from my tv. It's a funny thing, having a 'loveseat' when I'm ace-aro, I jokingly thought to myself. 

"Guess you're my date tonight, Crawley." I stroked his smooth scales. Crawley just lifted his head and began to coil around my right arm, which was also covered in band-aids. "Alright, what should we watch?" I mumbled, clicking through the options with my remote. 

"Oh! Why don't we watch the show you got your name from?" I suggested to Crawley, exiting Netflix and going to Amazon Prime. "There we go!" I murmured as I kissed my snake's forehead and clicked on Good Omens. "Episode 6, because it's the best one." I announced, smiling at Crawley and leaning back into the couch cushions.

As the theme song began to play, I sighed and smiled softly. It wasn't much, but my life wasn't something I'd change anytime soon.