Kisses (wangxian)

Third Person's POV

"Lan Zhan"

Wei Wuxian was a generally loud person. He was loud, cheerful and outgoing. Despite being the exact opposite of this, his husband loved him dearly. Lan Wangji spent years longing for Wei Wuxian. He fell in love when they were in their teens, but never gained the courage to confess. He was in despair following the death of his beloved, even going as far as to getting elders of his own clan injured to get a last look at Wei Wuxian.

When Wei Wuxian came back to life, Wangji continued to spend time with him and stuck by his side. This is when Wei Wuxian realized that he was also deeply in love with his "friend". Due to this, Wangji knows a lot about Wei, to say the least. He knows something is off when his usually cheerful husband, calls him in a monotone voice.

Wangji turned to door in which Wei had just entered and examined his husband. His usually messy ponytail was messier than before, his clothes seemed the same while his face told Wangji that something was wrong. His usual smiling mouth was replaced with a frown and his eyebrows drooped. He watched as Wei Wuxian took his shoes off and plopped onto the couch.

Wangji immediately put down the book he was reading and got up from the desk he was reading at. He sat next to his husband. Wangji was known for being a man of few words, so he silently undid his husband's ponytail and gently ran his fingers through it, just how Wei liked it.

"Mmnn."

Wei let out a satisfied groan, telling his husband to continue. He slowly got up from his slouched position on the couch and put his head on his husbands lap without opening his eyes, all while Wangji continued to play with his hair. The two sat like that for a while until Wei opened his eyes and stared at his husband's handsome face.

"You really are like a Jade."

He said with a chuckle. Seeing as though Wei's smile had returned, Wangji knew Wei was ready to talk.

"What is wrong?"

Wei let out a sigh and closed his eyes.

"Nothing."

Wangji knew that wasn't the truth.

"Wei."

Wei Wuxian opened his eyes and looked into his husbands golden orbs.

"You're right. Today...is YanLi's death anniversary."

Wangji's fingers stopped for a moment, as if he was contemplating what to say next.

"Are you alright?"

"Yes. I promise I'm fine."

With that, Wangji continued to run his fingers through Wei's silky black hair.

"I know one way you can make it better."

Wangji looked at Wei. Even though he didn't say anything, Wei knew he was asking how he could make it better. Wei grabbed Wangji's hands and gently took them off his head. He then got up and turned to the side so that he was face to face with his husband.

"I want a kiss."

"Is that all?"

"Hmm...it has to be a long kiss."

Wei grinned as if he was a child asking for his first kiss from his crush. Wangji chuckled softly at the sight of his childish husband.

"Mn."

With that, Wangji put one hand in his husband's hair and the cupped his cheek with the other. Wei closed his eyes, preparing himself. Wangji slowly closed the distance.

Wangji's usual kisses were passionate and dominant. He almost always used his tongue to make Wei weak in the knees. However, this time, his movements were soft and careful. His hand caressed Wei's face while his lips gently tugged on his husband's top lip. The two were melting into the kiss.

After not even a minute passed, Wei pushed Wangji away and turned to the side. Wangji was taken aback. He wondered if he had done something wrong or made Wei feel uncomfortable somehow.

"What is wrong?"

He asked for the second time today. His usual monotone voice now had a hint of concern in it.

"I-I'm fine."

Wangji didn't believe him. He put his hand on his husband's shoulders and slowly turned his body to face him. When Wangji saw his husband's face, his eyes widened.

Wei was beet red.

Wangji could not handle this flustered version of Wei. He immediately picked him up and carried Wei to the bed, bridal style.

"L-Lan Zhan!"

Wei was caught off guard, but he could not deny that he loved to see the dominant side of his husband.

Wangji placed Wei on the bed and lowered himself on top of him.

"You....you're too adorable sometimes."