Reunion (hualian)

Third Person's POV

A year had passed. Xie Lian never once thought that Hua Cheng would not come back. If he were to be honest, that very thought was the only thing holding him together.

It was like every other day for Xie Lian.

Wake up. Check if Hua Cheng had returned. Once he saw that there was nothing on the right side of the bed, he sighed in disappointment, but continued on his day.

Today he met up with Feng Xin and Mu Qing as they had a mission to complete. The three strolled through an abandoned forest in Ghost city.

Except, all the trees were mysteriously cut down. To say it was a large patch of grass was now more accurate. The trees were cut from their roots, leaving circles of brown on the ground.

"What the fuck?" Feng Xin spit out after nearly tripping on one of the trunks, bumping into Mu Qing.

"Watch it." uttered Mu Qing.

Feng Xin and Mu Qing began to brawl.

Xie Lian only chuckled. He was use to their behaviour. Suddenly Xie Lian spotted a sliver blur in the distance.

Could that be? Was it what he thought it was?

Without thinking he quickly began following the blur. It was what he thought it was. It was one of Hua Cheng's butterflies.

Xie Lian felt his heart beat out of his chest.

Had Hua Cheng really come back?

The silver butterfly lead him to the left. He follows it without any hesitation. It continued fluttering until it came to a stop about 100 meters away from where he left Mu Qing and Feng Xin.

Xie Lian immediately looked around. About 10 meters in front of him stood a man dressed in crimson robes.

Xie Lian froze.

"Your Highness! Where did you run off to?" yelled Feng Xin who was out of breathe from running around trying to find him.

A few minutes earlier, Mu Qing and Feng Xin noticed that Xie Lian hadn't tried to stop their arguments yet and immediately stopped talking. That's when the two of them noticed that Xie Lian was gone. The two of them began running around until they finally found him. But when they did, he was frozen.

Before Feng Xin could continue Xie Lian walking forwards.

That's when Feng Xin and Mu Qing noticed the man in red standing in front of Xie Lian.

The man in red also began walking towards Xie Lian.

Xie Lian couldn't help the tears falling from his face as he quickened his pace until he was running. His heart was thumping faster with each step.

Is it him? Did he finally come back for me?

Xie Lian finally fell into the embrace of Hua Cheng.

Feng Xin and Mu Qing stood there silent. They were beyond shocked, unable to utter a single word.

The tears were now pouring out of Xie Lian.

"San Lang!"

"I told gege I would come back."

Hua Cheng had his arms wrapped tightly around Xie Lian's waist. Xie Lian was clinging on to him for dear life.

Hua Cheng then used one of his hands to cup the crying face of Xie Lian and began to gently kiss away the tears.

Once he kissed away the tears he looked into Xie Lian's eye, gently putting their foreheads together.

"Gege, I missed you."

"I missed San Lang too."

Xie Lian smiled. His heartfelt like it was going to burst any second. He was overjoyed. The man he loved cane back for him and this time.......he was staying for good.

Hua Cheng let go of Xie Lian for a second, as if he wanted to get a better look of the majestic man that stood in front of him, but as soon as he let go......

Xie Lian passed out.