Spiritual Energy (hualian)

Xie Lian was walking down the path with Mu Qing, Feng Xin, Pei Ming and Hua Cheng. The opening of Mont tonglu was happing, meaning that Hua Cheng was struggling.

"Your Highness...Hua Cheng.." began Pei Ming.

Mu Qing and Feng Xin who were at the front of the group stopped walking and turned back. Xie Lian turned to Hua Cheng who was at the very back and ran towards him. He studied his expression. His eyes were closed but his eye brows were knit together.

Xie Lian touched his hand.

Hot.

If it was anyone else this would seem normal, but for Hua Cheng, who was a ghost that shouldn't have any body heat, this meant something was wrong.

"What's wrong with Crimson Rain?" asked Feng Xin.

"I- I don't know. He's really warm to the touch."

"Warm? But he's a ghost...."

Xie Lian turned to Pei Ming.

"That's precisely why I'm worried."

Xie Lian checked his pulse and was shocked at what he felt. His pulse was beating extremely fast. Hua Cheng shouldn't even have a pulse, let alone a quick one. Xie Lian immediately understood what was going on.

Xie Lian cupped Hua Cheng's face in his hands and whispered, "forgive me, San Lang."

He pulled Pei Ming in front of himself and Hua Cheng before going on his tippy toes, closing his eyes
and connected his lips with Hua Cheng's.

Hua Cheng immediately opened his eyes.

Pei Ming didn't seem to mind being used as a blocker, even though he wasn't a very good one.

"Ho ho."

Feng Xin and Mu Qing could not see exactly what Xie Lian was doing, but anyone in that situation could easily guess that he was kissing Hua Cheng.

"YOUR HIGHNESS?!!"

As soon as Xie Lian put his lips on Hua Cheng's he knew he was right. After feeling his erratic pulse, Xie Lian guessed that the birth of the new ghost had given him more spiritual energy that he had ever had before. However, having too much spiritual energy is extremely painful as you need to concentrate on controlling it. Xie Lian sensed this and tried to relive him of this by sucking some of the spiritual energy out of Hua Cheng.

After a few moments, Xie Lian placed his hands of the talkers mans shoulders and backed away. His throat was burning from the steady flow of warm spiritual energy that he sucked in.

Whilst catching his breath he felt a hand on his back. The hand quickly pulled him into an embrace and another hand lifted his chin up. Hua Cheng was now kissing Xie Lian. At first, Xie Lian wanted to push him back to catch his breath and let the burning in his throat die down, but that the thought of being able to give Hua Cheng relief from the pain he was in, Xie Lian wrapped his arms around Hua Cheng's neck, effectively sucking more spiritual energy.

After another few moments of making out, Hua Cheng backed away and closed his eyes once again, going back to his meditation.

Only then did Xie Lian notice that Pei Ming was not standing in front of them anymore.

He had moved midway!

Feng Xin and Mu Qing both saw Xie Lian make out with Hua Cheng. Although Xie Lian had thick skin, he couldn't help the blush a crawled up. Xie Lian began coughing and mumbling some nonsense.

"YOUR HIGHNESS??? WHAT WAS THAT FOR??" asked a shaken Mu Qing.

Only after a series of coughs did Xie Lian manage to regain himself.

"H-he un well you see...the pulse!"

"What about his pulse?"

"I-it was erratic. It meant somethign was wrong as he's a ghost, he shouldn't have a pulse."

"I still don't see why making out with him was the answer." said Feng Xin.

Xie Lian coughed some more.

"W-well..he had too much spiritual energy because of the birth of the new ghost. A-and as you know aging too much energy is extremely painful..so I...."

"You made out with him! Good for you!" added Pei Ming.

Xie Lian once again turned red and quickly changed the subject.