Chapter 11 The virginity issue

Flora

Ever since I moved myself in this giant pink bubble called Sean Foster's girlfriend, I had been feeling giddy and energized. No one before him had the power to make me feel like I was drinking pink champagne all the time.

Here are a few things I learned about him:

1. He really did study a lot, like every day on weekdays. In fact, he told me he was unavailable from Monday to Thursday and that normal people don't date all the time.

2. He wasn't mysterious at all, true to his words. He told me everything about his schedule, which mainly consisted of studying, more studying for the nerdy exams only he planned on taking, basketball practices, workouts, some lame lab thing he was working on, his guy time, his family time, and dating me (in that particular order, yes).

3. He let me check his cell phone although there wasn't anything remotely scandalous to see. He didn't even sign up for any social media. When he took a call in front of me, he told me who it was after hanging up.

4. He kept his promises (including very small ones like calling me in an hour), he was devoted, and he acted distant toward girls who came on to him (which was rather admirable considering he was such a hunk).

5. He let me plan our date and said he was fine with whatever I wanted to do. I decided the venues and events since I was professional. He was always cooperative, even if I suggested aimlessly taking the subway to see where we ended up.

6. In other words, he was a really good boyfriend.

7. He looked so hot when he slaved over his physics problems. I loved watching people concentrate hard on the task at work, even if it was just painting toenails.

8. If you wanted to have a crush on a popular guy, he'd be the ideal choice. He was not your average jock. He wasn't like Dylan and Jake who thought that every girl who talked to them wanted to offer themselves to them in exchange of their autographs. Sean was decent.

9. That doesn't mean we didn't fight, but I'll talk about that some other time.

There were times when Sean wanted to hear me talk, and of course there were times when we were purely primal. I noticed that he was uncomfortable with any form of PDA, but whenever we were alone he was always intense.

"There's something I need to tell you." I pushed myself away from him slightly. We were tangled together on my bed, getting busy as usual. His fingers were somewhere between my sweater and my bra.

"Okay." He stopped himself from further action and looked back at me. His eyes were so clear. It was blue-grayish and very pretty. I sometimes still couldn't believe that the cutest guy in school, or on the whole East Coast, to be precise, was lying on my bed with his shirt off.

I struggled with my words and decided on the simple truth. "I'm not a virgin," I stated gravely.

Sean blinked and I could tell he was trying not to smile. "Is that it?"

"Yes. I think you should know."

"Okay." The edge of his eyes crinkled up.

I narrowed my eyes. "You already know, don't you?" I gasped. "Is that why you want to date me?"

"What?" Sean's eyes widened. "I haven't even thought about the whole virginity thing until you brought it up. I don't care either way."

"Just so you know, I'm not going to have sex with you just because I've already done it. In fact, because the first time was so awful I've decided to swear to abstinence."