Fearful minutes [1]

I groaned in slight irritation as I woke up to the sound of a slight thud. My eyes fluttered open, seeing my bedroom floor, eye sight still a little blurry. As my eyes adapted to the light, I opened them wider, slowly sitting up and yawning. 

Although, the peaceful morning I had expected didn't last long. 

As I slowly got up, scanning the room with my eyes, I heard something break, catching my attention. Startled, I made my way to where the noise came from, seeing a window broken and a tall male, wearing full black clothing on the floor. 

My eyes widened at the sight as a wave of confusion struck me. The man looked up at me, eyes glaring at me like a death threat, even though his dark blue hair was covering his eyes. I took a few steps back, not wanting to know who that man was or what he wanted. The sound of crashing outside didn't help my fear calm down either, making me of shiver.  

I watched as the man struggled to stand, yet still did so in the end, blood running down his side. He rushed towards me, making me almost fall backwards as I nearly tripped over something behind me. He grabbed my arm, pulling me into a nearby closet in my room. I shouted for help when he covered my mouth with his palm.

"Shut up, will you?" he whispered aggressively into my ear as he closed the closet, having grabbed me roughly and covered my mouth.

I couldn't move, feeling tears form in my eyes. This was not what I had expected from my morning. Nobody would have expected it. I let out soft whimpers, unsure of what was to happen next. 

Soon, I heard crashing coming from the kitchen, followed by the living room. Each noise making me flinch and shiver more. 

"If you remain calm, we won't be caught. And you won't be in trouble," I heard the male whisper into my ear again, except in a less aggressive tone. 

His voice was sharp, threatening, and demanding, even while whispering. 'Who was this man? What did he want?' was all I could think. But I didn't move at all. I couldn't. It seemed as though I had been captivated by fear.

I squinted, shutting my eyes tight as I felt the man's grip around me tighten while the noises got louder. I could hear footsteps getting closer and closer, making me more and more nervous each step. Almost like a scene in a horror movie, when a creature of a sort, is edging ever so close to a character as they're hiding, hearing their heartbeat in their throat. It was just like that. Only real. And the 'creature' wasn't after me. It was after the man behind me, who's grip around me and my mouth only tightened as seconds went by, causing my nervousness to make my heartbeat quicken intensely. Hearing the man's breath in my ear, it almost sounded like a beast, catching its breath after a fight.

"ARGH!.." I heard a voice shout, with irritation in their tone.

 My eyes slowly opened, with fear in my eyes as I listened to the footsteps quieten. I could hear something or someone, leave, but I was still frozen in place. The grip around me loosened slowly, removing the hand from my mouth. 

I was about to calm down, when I was shoved out the closet, landing onto the floor. The usual, safe feeling in my house, had disappeared. I could see broken glass pieces scattered around on the floor, and broken paintings and objects all over. It was like someone walked in, looked for something and just left. But I had thought they were looking for that man.

I turned around, breath seeming a little shaky as I looked up at the man. His cold gaze sent fear down my back, whether it was intentional or not.