Gaze Recognition [2]

Days passed from that incident. Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. Yet each day, at least once, that incident popped up into my mind.

All that had been left from that event, was a few broken windows, and a mess. Nothing that important. It was all fixed and cleaned up as if nothing had happened. What had stayed, was the memory of it. The dark-haired male's cold gaze was stuck in my head, constantly reappearing in my mind and each time, shivers were sent down my spine.

Nobody else knew about his occurrence. Just me, leaving everyone else without a clue of the little affair.

Stuck in class, my mind was constantly drifting off into deep space, like usual. I could barely hear the teacher's voice over my thoughts, that was filling my head like a flood.

"Mafuyu-kun. Can you answer this question?" my teacher asked, pointing at the board.

I flinched in response, waking from a daydream at hearing my name. Looking at the question on the board, confusion struck me, followed by a sense of embarrassment.

"..No sir," I replied quietly, looking back at the teacher.

Though he had a disappointed look, I could tell he was smirking internally. Almost like a police who had just caught the criminal. This was a normal thing, though, and was a factor in making me dislike the teacher. Though, it was just a small detail that I barely paid attention to.

"Pay attention in class, then. And you can spend half an hour after school with me, revising," he spoke firmly, pausing for a couple of seconds before resuming the lesson.

I gave a simple nod and looked at the board, looking as though I'm paying full attention, but it was mainly just to satisfy my teacher. After a few minutes, I diverted my attention again, looking out the window, down at the courtyard.

My eyes traced over from the green, lively trees, down to the path, which had another male walking on it. They weren't wearing a uniform, yet still looked like a student, making me slightly curious. They had deep blue hair, that seemed a little lighter from my angle; the sun making his hair glisten in the light. It seemed strangely familiar, yet I didn't think on it for too long, seeing as they had passed my view.

What I didn't know, was that this particular person had visited me a couple of weeks ago. A rather frightening one.

Time flew by, and not even a second of it was very memorable.

I heard the bell ring, instantly followed by cheers from the class next door, and a loud 'SHUSH', silencing that entire class.

Our class was soon dismissed, so I stood up, walking out, hearing my classmate's chatter and laughter.

Feeling a pat on my shoulder, I turned to face whoever it was. A tall, overweight man who seemed like his hair hadn't met a comb before. I instantly recognized him. Mr. Ruesti, my math teacher from this morning.

"Forgetting detention?" he asked. "Right, you're coming with me."

I hadn't even done anything that bad. I couldn't understand him sometimes. And by sometimes, I meant always.

Soon arriving at his classroom, I could almost sense the overwhelming boredom left behind from the last class that had been there.

Standing by the teacher's desk, was a tall, young male, who seemed like he was around my age. I instantly recognized him from the courtyard this morning, except his hair looked a little darker now. His eyes met mine, making me look away awkwardly.

"Sit down," Mr. Ruesti instructed me, going over to his desk and taking a bunch of papers and throwing them on my desk, causing me to sigh.

I sat down, taking out a pen, and began writing. I heard soft chatter coming from my teacher and the other male, that seemed rather odd. I glanced up at them, instantly being signaled to keep my eyes down. It kind of worried me, but I didn't pay attention to it. I was in school. Nothing bad could happen, right?

------------------------------------

After about ten minutes, I had finished about three-quarters of one page. If I had paid attention, I should've been able to finish more, but I tried to ignore that fact for the moment. I noticed the blue-haired male sit down at the seat beside me. I didn't look at him though, continuing to do my work.

What got on my nerves though, was that I could feel him looking at me. It made me feel uncomfortable, but I tried to ignore it. 

Thump.

I flinched at the sound, looking beside me at the male I was supposed to be ignoring. He was resting his head on the desk. 'Is he asleep? 'I thought to myself. Gently, I poked his head. Why? I have no idea, but my head was telling me to. So, I did. As simple as that.

I heard the blue-haired male make a soft groan, turning his head to face me, making me shiver a little. 

"Those eyes." was the first thing that came to mind.

The eyes that continuously came to mind for the past weeks. A cold gaze directed straight at me. The same guy that broke into my house. 

"Well? What do you want?" he spoke, making me flinch a little. 

I even recognized his voice. Sharp. But it seemed a little less demanding and scary. It was more calming.

I didn't know what to do. So I just approached the situation casually, hoping it's the right thing to do. I never know how to react.

"..Nothing," I replied.

  I heard a soft, yet irritated 'tch' from him. Though, right after, his eyes widened a little. Almost like a sudden realization.

Had he recognized me?