Childhood | C1 ♔

Tнe нole wнιcн now нollowѕ

Oυт тнιѕ cнeѕт

Iѕ тнe ѕιngle pιece oғ evιdence

Wнιcн proveѕ yoυr eхιѕтance

Bυт ѕтιll, ι'м eмpтy

Iт'ѕ lιĸe мy нearт'ѕ вeιng тorn

Inтo dιғғerenт pιeceѕ

And ιт can'т вe нelped.

【♕】

"Please! Stop! I-it hurts...!" He said as the whip hit his already bruised back, leaving an unbearable stinging sensation and probably a long, red mark. He gritted his teeth and fought against the bonds that bound his hands and prevented him from escaping. He was in an unfamiliar, darkened room, and the only light source was a flickering fire in the corner of the room. The room was bare, save a table and a chair sitting in the middle of the room.

He couldn't see anything but a towering figure that stood before him, arms akimbo and a whip in his right fist. The man's face was darkened due to the lack of light, but he could make out a daunting grin on his face. It was a grin depicted in children's fairytales, a grin people warned you about, the grin of a crazed madman. He whipped the boy a few more times, each time relishing in the cries that the child made, in severe agony.

"D-daddy, why are you doing this? I-it hurts so much.... Can we please go home?" Eren Jaeger pleaded with Grisha Jaeger, unaware of the anger emitting from the middle-aged man. Upon hearing these innocent words, he scowled, reached across the table and grabbed hold of a metal pole. He bent over the fireplace and placed the metal pole directly in the spluttering coals. "Now, Eren, don't protest. Naughty boys, such as yourself, deserve to be punished. Don't they? Especially a brat like you."

With that, he retracted the metal pole from the fire, and used it to beat the poor boy. As the red hot metal came into contact with his back, he screamed. He screamed, begging for his father to relent, hoping someone would hear him and help him. But no-one did, and Grisha laughed. "Nobody'll hear you, boy! It simply is karma! A boy who caused his mother's death, is now paying the price for it!" He retorted. After hearing his father's words, his eyes widened and his mind flash-backed to the horrific event that took place merely the day before.

Grisha patted his son's head softly, smiling kindly. "Daddy's going out for a while, okay? He'll be back soon." 10 year-old Eren smiled and waved at his father. "Bye! I love you!" After his father left, he had nothing to do. 'Maybe i'll go help Mummy with her chores, then help her make dinner! Or maybe i'll go and play with Mikasa!" He thought, determined to help his mother in any way he could. Mikasa was his adopted sister, and Eren was really happy to have a sibling. Just at that moment, an uncanny coincidence really, he heard an explosion and was pushed to the ground with a sheer amount of force. He hit his head on the ground and passed out, with the word 'Mummy..' reverberating in his head.

He was brought back to reality by a particularly hard hit on his head from the burning hot pole. The world spun, but he didn't black out. He had to go back home, and see Mikasa and his mother... "Your mother isn't coming back. And it's all your fault." He smashed the overheated object on Eren's right eye, and that was it. He fell into the spinning black hole that was unconsciousness.

【♕】

author's note

Hєу gυуѕ! Sσ ι ωαѕ нανιиg α яєαℓℓу
ѕтυρι∂ ¢σиνєяѕαтισи ωιтн му fяιєи∂,
αи∂ ιт ѕσмєнσω тυяиє∂ ιитσ ωяιтιиg
fαиfι¢тισи, ѕσ нєяє ωє αяє! Tнαик
уσυ ѕσ мυ¢н fσя яєα∂ιиg тнιѕ, ι ѕтιℓℓ
∂σи'т киσω ωну ι αм ωяιтιиg ѕυ¢н α тσρι¢, вυт σн ωєℓℓ. I нσиєѕтℓу ∂σи'т киσω ωнєяє ι'м gσιиg тσ тαкє тнιѕ, вυт ιт'ѕ мιgнт gєт α вιт мσяє нαρρу ℓαтєя. Mαувє. = єνιℓ ℓαυgнтєя = Oкαу ι gєт ιт, вυт тнαик уσυ gυуѕ αgαιи! :)

− Aυтнσя-ѕαи