Experiences | C2 ♖

I aм jυѕт a мan; noт ѕυperнυмan

ѕoмeone ѕave мe ғroм тнe нaтe

Iт'ѕ jυѕт anoтнer war

Jυѕт anoтнer ғaмιly тorn

Jυѕт a ѕтep ғroм тнe edge

Jυѕт anoтнer day

In тнe world we lιve

【♕】

- 5 years later -

Eren awoke to the sound of Mikasa knocking angrily on his door. "Eren, get up! You're going to be late again! You need to make a first impression on your first day!" She lectured angrily, and it gave Eren a massive headache. He groaned and protested weakly, "All right, i'm up, just please stop?" He sat up, and remembered what he was happening that day, and he immediately wanted to go back to sleep and not wake up.

He was starting his new school as a transfer student.

He absolutely hated school, hated it more than anything, with the possible exception of his father. It was bad enough he was wearing that stupid, yet necessary, eye patch, but he was transferring in the middle of term. Thanks a lot Mikasa.

He glanced at his watch, and lurched. He only had roughly five minutes to get up, dressed and out of the door if he wasn't to be late. At this point he really had no choice. He jumped out of bed, hastily went through his routine, left a note for Mikasa who had already left for school, and was out of the house.

On the way to school, people were staring at him, pointing and whispering rather obviously. He was used to it of course, but it was still quite annoying. He caught up with Mikasa, who for once, smiled at him.

"Don't worry, okay? I'm sure my class will be okay." She said, in an attempt to cheer him up, as she could read him and always knew what he was thinking. It was a bit intimidating that Mikasa knew what he was feeling, however hard he tried to hide it. He responded with an unintelligible grunt, and set his eyes on the school building less than one hundred meters away.

It was old and yellow, it's paint was peeling slightly. It was nothing like the school that Eren had previously attended, it was much smaller and older. He immediately wished he wasn't there, and instead was at home practicing the piano or something of sorts. Anything but this.

However, five minutes later, Eren was standing outside a class, waiting for the teacher's cue for him to enter the classroom. The school had some weird names for classes. This one was called "Survey" and others were called "Military", "Garrison" and the like. What an odd school. He sighed deeply and made sure he had everything, and everything was in it's respective positions. He did this often when he was nervous, he was really a very disorganized person.

"Okay, you may come in now!" The teacher's chirpy voice said from inside the classroom. Was it even possible to have a higher voice, Eren wondered as he stepped into the classroom. He was immediately hit by the icy stares of around 20 people, each of the sizing him up. He quickly spotted Mikasa sitting in the back row, who gave him a warm smile. That gave him a bit of confidence.

"Class, this is Eren Jaeger! He will be joining you from now on! Please make him feel very welcome!" She announced, smiling. Eren gulped and absentmindedly started fiddiling with his eye patch. She then turned to him and said, "I'm Mrs Hange Zoe, you may call me Mrs Hange! There's a free seat at the back, you may go and sit there. Hope you have a good time at our school!" She said, and sent the intimidated boy away with a wave of her hand.

As Eren walked down the rows of desks, he thought, 'What a diverse group of people.' He could see people from all different races, gathered in one classroom. He sat down next to a boy with a blonde bowlcut, he looked sort of like a girl, to be perfectly honest. "Hey, i'm Armin Arlert. Nice to meet you, Eren." He whispered, extending a hand out to Eren, smiling. He was shocked, nobody had ever done that before, he was always discriminated by other people. In a way, he was scared of accepting it. Yet, he was somehow happy. "Hello Armin, nice to meet you too." He said and accepted the hand.

Perhaps the school year would not be as bad as he thought.

【♕】

author's note

Hєуу αgαιи. I∂к яєαℓℓу ι ʝυѕт ωαѕи'т ιи тнє мσσ∂ тσ ωяιтє ѕα∂ fℓυffу ѕтυff. Oкιє вяв gυуѕ :)

− Aυтнσя-ѕαи