Birthday? Birthday.

A/N: as if i haven't already blown up my best friend enough today for her birthday and because i can't get her a gift. much less show up at her door with a cake and balloons. imma do it this way. while i am trying to do x readers as much imma change it to where it tailors for her. Happy Birthday soulmate in best friend form. brokethechvin I'm also very sorry it's super short. But i hope you still enjoy it bean.

Despite the world burning around everyone, the very world ending right before the eyes of every single human being in existence and alive. Here where she sits in some building meant to be a high class restaurant, the blonde hair of hers up in a messy pony tail, the sides of the shaved side of her head the hairs are growing out day by day, and the fact she can't even remember the last time she has seen the world in such a beauty of a place.

Where things weren't falling apart before her eyes. Where she didn't have to inhale smoke as she walked to safety with the love of her life beside her. Her guard constantly up and always having to remember trust no one.

With Lynn here by her side, she can't imagine it any other way. The tattooed woman is piecing together the best she can a cake, a dessert that can be tasteful and elegant yet sweet and loving for the one who owns her heart. Doing her best to keep it a secret all the while being on alert for any danger just in case. Her finger taps along her leg and humming to some tune in her head.

Lyrics instantly coming to her mind and it's now she wishes she still had the music to keep her busy. At least she did as much as she could when she did.

The oven dings catching the brunette off guard, sliding on the gloves again she opens the hot oven to check the small desert. When pleased with what she sees, takes it out and sits it down. Sliding the gloves off and begins to rummage around the kitchen stopping when she finds a unopened cake topping. She is extremely grateful that it's not old nor opened. Making this much more satisfying for her.

She looks over her shoulder, the love of her life sits at the table. Her eyes looking down, her hand moving around and she can only guess that she is drawing. Her attentions being focused on something other then the world ending and out of all the world population, they were lucky enough to survive in the current state.

Lynn is happy that her girlfriend can focus on something else other then the stress it's causing her.

Especially today.

Opening the topping, she pours it on the cake. It's messy but it's not like she can do much here. From the looks of it, no silverware or bake wear can be found. Most have used it as weapons or to make some. She had too before finding an abandoned gun.

She grabs the cake pan, carefully in case of the heat still radiating off. Pleased when she founds it not hot to the touch but nice and warm. She carries it carefully to the table. Candles slid in her back pocket. She sits the cake down on the table, placing the candles in it.

Smiling at the woman who has stopped drawing. An eyebrow raised with a smirk spread wide, "What is this?"

Lynn shrugs her shoulders, sliding another thing out of her pocket to light the candles. One of her prized possessions if she is being honest. One that has gotten them through so much in the last year.

"I don't know."

Lynn smirks.

"Heard it was someone's birthday, figured we'd celebrate."

She slides into the booth, tucking her brunette hair behind her ears as she looks up at the girlfriend of hers. Remembering every single thing about her that she has fallen for. The memories playing in her head on a loop of the last five years. Right down to the moment she swore she would protect her till her last dying breath.

"So."

Lynn speaks up, "What do you say birthday girl?"

Lynn arches an eyebrow, her arms coming to rest on the table.

The blonde shrugs, "Let me think about it."

A smirk coming to her face as she leans in to the cake, her eyes closing as she sucks in a breath while making that wish she had always done for years she can remember. Her eyes scrunching as she thinks it over.

She exhales, opening her eyes, and blowing the candles out.

The once faintly light room going dark again except for the fires outside the building giving just enough to see. She smirks at Lynn, swiping a bit of the icing before bringing it her lips and sucking the chocolate off.

"Guess we can celebrate."

Lynn smiles, "What did ya wish for Hannah?"

The smile fades, her eyes turning to the window to take in the world outside again, it's all she can do now here lately. Imagine a different time and world. A new world with different reactions, people, less hate and harm.

Along the way, finding the love she never thought she would find. In such a world of hate and anger.

"If i tell you, it won't come true."

Hannah's eyes move back to Lynn.

"Happy Birthday."

Lynn whispers, grabbing her girlfriend's hand and bringing it to her lips.

"I love you."

A soft smile takes over face as she rubs her thumb along hers.